• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Goetia Sigil As Wards?

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
How do you programme Goetia as Wards?

(Sorry I know its a very short text here but I came cross an article that mentioned using Goetia as Wards)

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Which ones would you pick and why? And do you want to establish a relationship with them by regularly evoking/invoking them?
I know I'm plugging the LBRP so much you'd think I wrote it myself, but (one of) the reason(s) why it works is because you do it often and (try your best to) form a bond with the 4 Angels.
If you want to do something similar with Goetia demons than I think it could work if they are known for protection and lots of folks across the world and the times have engaged with them for that reason.
If you simply want to open a seal, make a petition or do anything else on a non-regular basis, I'm not certain it would have much effect unless you are convinced of your power and the connection with these spirits.
At least that's what I think. At this moment 😉

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Which ones would you pick and why? And do you want to establish a relationship with them by regularly evoking/invoking them?
I know I'm plugging the LBRP so much you'd think I wrote it myself, but (one of) the reason(s) why it works is because you do it often and (try your best to) form a bond with the 4 Angels.
If you want to do something similar with Goetia demons than I think it could work if they are known for protection and lots of folks across the world and the times have engaged with them for that reason.
If you simply want to open a seal, make a petition or do anything else on a non-regular basis, I'm not certain it would have much effect unless you are convinced of your power and the connection with these spirits.
At least that's what I think. At this moment 😉
Raum, I hear he is good at getting rid of curses and such, Pazuzu because he apparently will go after parasitic entities. I know Pazuzu isn't part of the GoeForming an relationship would probably be ideal I guess, as many other practitioners will suggest doing in the first place.

Raum is all I think of at this moment and I know Pazuzu isn't part of the Goetia.

I'm still practicing the LBRP, I'm just not sure if I'm pronouncing the words correctly.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Raum, I hear he is good at getting rid of curses and such, Pazuzu because he apparently will go after parasitic entities. I know Pazuzu isn't part of the GoeForming an relationship would probably be ideal I guess, as many other practitioners will suggest doing in the first place.

Raum is all I think of at this moment and I know Pazuzu isn't part of the Goetia.

I'm still practicing the LBRP, I'm just not sure if I'm pronouncing the words correctly.
Doesn't Regardie's "One Year Manual" have the phonetic rendering of terms used? I'd check, but my filing system on my USB is a real example of chaos magic.

Yazata is probably right though. You'd probably want to have some working relationship with the daimon first before using his sign as a ward.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
Doesn't Regardie's "One Year Manual" have the phonetic rendering of terms used? I'd check, but my filing system on my USB is a real example of chaos magic.

Yazata is probably right though. You'd probably want to have some working relationship with the daimon first before using his sign as a ward.
Sorry for the late reply, I thought that I had Regardie's one year Manuel in saved in my computer and unfortunately I do not.

And yes he is indeed right.