• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

π”Šπ”¬π”¬π”‘ 𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔀, 𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔯𝔢𝔬𝔫𝔒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Brothers and sisters, what's goin on? Thanks for having me.

Welcome, brother. ( Please forgive me if I've guessed the wrong gender. )

Happy to say that after a few years of personal growth I'm no longer too skeptical to start getting serious about this.

Cool. Do you have any tips for any others who may be struggling with doubt and skepticism?

szamatlii

Neophyte
Reaction score
Sure, Ziran. Something that helped me very recently is understanding that "chance" as we know it is an illusion. Think about it, dude. If you flip a coin, there are only a few factors that decide which side the coin lands on, and technically we can sort of control the entire operation. This, coupled with the fact that there happens to be a hell of a lot order in this supposedly random universe... really makes a guy wonder.

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
What a fancy introduction, the font choice is very classy! Welcome to the forum! πŸ¦‰πŸ»

If I may be so bold as to ask, what was the straw that broke the skeptic's back? And is there a particular tradition that you are drawn to?

Regardless, I wish you good fortune in spelunking the vast library here on the forum.

szamatlii

Neophyte
Reaction score
What a fancy introduction, the font choice is very classy! Welcome to the forum! πŸ¦‰πŸ»

If I may be so bold as to ask, what was the straw that broke the skeptic's back? And is there a particular tradition that you are drawn to?

Regardless, I wish you good fortune in spelunking the vast library here on the forum.
Psychedelics, achieving what I think was some kind of trance state at one point in a freestyle pagan blood ritual where I tattooed a rune on myself, thinkin bout space, thinkin bout ancient cultures, and thinkin bout chance lead me away from materialism. I don't believe we can shoot fireballs or fly, but I do wonder if we can influence some sort of natural law to give us insight or sway things in our favour. That's what I'm mostly curious about in this broad field.

As for which tradition I'm drawn to, I'm inclined to say chaos magick or maybe even some kind of shamanism. Definitely need to learn more about my options, though. I don't really think I want to do stereotypically happy work, but I'm open to whatever catches my eye. I'm very interested in the ancient, primal, darkest side of the occult.

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome! I’m glad you decided to join!

Status
Not open for further replies.