• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Goosebumps during prayer

MagnumOpus

Visitor
Reaction score
I've been praying to God since a major event in my life and it is now part of my daily routine in the morning and before sleep.
In the beginning the prayers were a normal process for me, I read it and then go about my day. But in the recent months every time I pray I get goosebumps through all my body. Do you guys have the same feelings or I am just too excited when it comes to praying?

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Prayer is a part of so many rituals. I think it is underestimated in favor of more, shall we say, ostentatious elements of magic. I won't go into my personal history, but I've felt a certain resistance to prayer based on my experiences with the religious sect of my childhood. Now, however, I am coming around again, and it feels different praying to God and the angels, having seen from my studies of the occult a more mystical perspective on the nature of so-called reality. There are prayers and psalms in scripture which have power. But as the author of the Abramelin wrote:

Know ye that although in the beginning your prayer be but feeble, it will suffice...​
But it is absolutely necessary that your prayer should issue from the midst of your heart...​
This is the reason that I have not wished to give unto you any special form of prayers and orations, so that ye yourselves may learn from and of yourselves how to pray, and how to invoke the Holy Name of God...​

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
I've had unexpected goosebumps too, specially in my hands, arms, shoulders, neck and head. And that happened when prayer was not even a routine.

And, worth noting even if it may be obvious to some, it happened when the prayer was not addressed to angels or the god of Abraham. Personal gnosis and a non-mediated connection with divinity seem to be the key.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I've been praying to God since a major event in my life and it is now part of my daily routine in the morning and before sleep.
In the beginning the prayers were a normal process for me, I read it and then go about my day. But in the recent months every time I pray I get goosebumps through all my body. Do you guys have the same feelings or I am just too excited when it comes to praying?
I feel goosebumps as well yes...

Reaction score
Awards
To know spirits are near and hearing you, you must be in trance and fixated on intent, watch then the fire and smoke, the two pillars.
Smoke will flare and split directions, flame will rise and lower and take shapes.
Most importantly, take pictures in the dark, you will see lines of light through the candle flame and perhaps an image in the smoke.
You are in Malkuth, one foot in and one foot out of the Qlippoth. Therefore when approaching the divine not yet sanctified, you should get goosebumps. Or your hair on end with malicious spirits. Pay attention to your body, even in trance.
Post automatically merged:

You might try praying on a 54 bead rosary, passing go once or twice, trying to fall into trance, or reciting psalms verses such as 23:4 on each decade head and a praise given to God on the week beads to see if goosebumps reappear, a warm belly instantly, tingling on the scalp.

Last edited: