• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

GRANDMA'S HAM AND CABBAGE WITH POTATOES

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
This Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage and Potatoes recipe is an easy-to-make one-pot meal. A simple Sharpe family favorite recipe that requires only 3 ingredients.
In less than an hour you can have a delicious meal on the table.

How-To Make Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage and Potatoes

My perfect meal version is the combination of the ham, tender cabbage, and potatoes.
One cup of chicken broth.

INSTRUCTIONS

• Layer ham, potatoes, and cabbage in the bottom of the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste
  • Add 1 cup of chicken broth, you can use water for a healthier option.
  • Set to cook on high pressure in pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
  • Allow pressure to release naturally or use the quick release method 15 minutes after cooking is completed.
  • Serve!
Post automatically merged:

I Guess No One Likes Ham And Cabbage?

Last edited:

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hehehe, poor mans food. You need to sell it better, like give it a story of why we, in london during wo2, while it was pouring bombs, were eating this cabbage with ham.

Or how during the drought of 1854 in texas all animals were dieing, so we had a big pork fest every week where we invited neighbours to help eat all those death beasts and bring some greens with. It was so bad we had to eat pork with the greens those pigs normally would eat thats how bad it was.

Here in rotterdam we ate tulips and eventually the turks said give us back our national flower and well we were puking anyways,so... And we gained a story. 😁

Anyways ill tell you why. Cabbage makes you fart, people with pressure cookers are a dieing race and it isnt fancy like vegan or save the whales. Ow and ive seen animal farm, thats why. 🤣

Reaction score
Awards
This Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage and Potatoes recipe is an easy-to-make one-pot meal. A simple Sharpe family favorite recipe that requires only 3 ingredients.
In less than an hour you can have a delicious meal on the table.

How-To Make Instant Pot Ham and Cabbage and Potatoes

My perfect meal version is the combination of the ham, tender cabbage, and potatoes.
One cup of chicken broth.

INSTRUCTIONS

• Layer ham, potatoes, and cabbage in the bottom of the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste
  • Add 1 cup of chicken broth, you can use water for a healthier option.
  • Set to cook on high pressure in pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
  • Allow pressure to release naturally or use the quick release method 15 minutes after cooking is completed.
  • Serve!

I Guess No One Likes Ham And Cabbage?
Ham and cabbage is cool with me.
Two problems: money, and sometimes know-how.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hehehe, poor mans food. You need to sell it better, like give it a story of why we, in london during wo2, while it was pouring bombs, were eating this cabbage with ham.

Or how during the drought of 1854 in texas all animals were dieing, so we had a big pork fest every week where we invited neighbours to help eat all those death beasts and bring some greens with. It was so bad we had to eat pork with the greens those pigs normally would eat thats how bad it was.

Here in rotterdam we ate tulips and eventually the turks said give us back our national flower and well we were puking anyways,so... And we gained a story. 😁

Anyways ill tell you why. Cabbage makes you fart, people with pressure cookers are a dieing race and it isnt fancy like vegan or save the whales. Ow and ive seen animal farm, thats why. 🤣
Cabbage makes you fat? It's probably the taters and pork cooked with the cabbage. I lost 11 kg. this year eating an awful lot of kim chee (泡菜 here), which is mostly cabbage and hot peppers

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Cabbage gives me gas. Fermented cabbage is better for you. I love fatty pork. Pork cannot cause weight gain because your body's built in battery runs on fat. A malfunctioning battery (obesity) is caused by years of consuming refined fructose in quantities that our ancestors never would have eaten or drank before cheap sugars came to the market. Fructose, like ethanol, causes fatty liver and breaks the metabolism (aka Metabolic Syndrome). I like rice and potatoes. Wheat flour is almost as bad as sugar in causing weight gain.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

YouTube thinks Tom Naughton's documentary should be age restricted for whatever reason:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It is easy to take in more fat than your body can burn readily. This gets stored as excess weight. The culprit is caloric imbalance: taking in more than gets burnt off. To be sure, though, pork turns out to be healthier than lamb or beef by some accounts. So thanks for that tidbit.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
It is easy to take in more fat than your body can burn readily.
Well, yes, technically this is quite true. Foie gras, for example, comes from feeding a goose more than its appetite would ever permit it to eat normally. Feed lot cattle are fed a diet of grains to fatten them up. Bison grazing on the grasslands of North America would fatten up towards the fall as the grass seeds matured. The tribes of the plains would make pemmican from the dried and flaked lean meat mixed with an equivalent volume of rendered fat. Pemmican isn't something anyone wants to overeat, unlike bagels, donuts, cakes; but sugar-sweetened beverages are the worst as far as obesity is concerned since they don't seem to trigger any significant satiety signals.

I have an Instapot. The directions recommend at least 15 minutes of cook time per 450g (1lbs.). Pork and chicken should never be eaten undercooked. Always consult your Instapot's instructions before trying out any online recipes.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Well, yes, technically this is quite true. Foie gras, for example, comes from feeding a goose more than its appetite would ever permit it to eat normally. Feed lot cattle are fed a diet of grains to fatten them up. Bison grazing on the grasslands of North America would fatten up towards the fall as the grass seeds matured. The tribes of the plains would make pemmican from the dried and flaked lean meat mixed with an equivalent volume of rendered fat. Pemmican isn't something anyone wants to overeat, unlike bagels, donuts, cakes; but sugar-sweetened beverages are the worst as far as obesity is concerned since they don't seem to trigger any significant satiety signals.

I have an Instapot. The directions recommend at least 15 minutes of cook time per 450g (1lbs.). Pork and chicken should never be eaten undercooked. Always consult your Instapot's instructions before trying out any online recipes.
Forget the goose. Just take a tour of the local mall and scope out the fast food chic. One sees why the state of Montana tried to ban yoga pants some years back.

Am I a daredevil now? I don't even know what an Instapot is. Because, yes. You CAN be too safe.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Actually, I don't know Instant Pot either. My wife has one, though, as I recognize it from the picture. I could blame it on long years living outside the Benighted States of Unclesamistan. Fact is though, the only brands I ever paid much attention too were Ford, Mauser, Colt, Barclay's (bourbon), and latterly Huawei. Narrow interests, I guess.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The th
Then why are you replying to a thread that is a recipe for an INSTANT POT?

??? :unsure:
The thread I'm looking at is headed "Grandma's Ham and Potatoes." The Instapot part comes later. Hey, Buckwheat, I didn't know what an "lliad" was before I read the book. An "Odyssey" either. One reads to learn...or so I thought. Come to think on it, I don't know your gramdma. Does that get me 86'ed from the thread?

This forum is haunted by strange cree-tures. One strain wants me to know the content of threads before daring peek inside. Then a couple of weeks back, I got my internet pee-pee whacked because I was posting political comments in the "Politics" sub-forum.