• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Grandma's Stuffed Pork Chops

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards

Ingredients​

This is just a quick overview of the ingredients that you’ll need for the best stuffed pork chops.
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

• Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    pick any flavor of stuffing mix that you like. Good options include
    , or
    . You will also need the additional ingredients called for on the package — water and butter (or use chicken broth, chicken stock, or apple cider instead of water for even more flavor).
  • Butter: to sauté the apples and vegetables, and to prepare the stuffing.
  • Apple, onion, and celery: sweet and savory aromatics that add fresh flavor to the stuffing.
  • Pork chops: I prefer thick-cut, boneless pork chops (or pork loin chops); however, you can use bone-in pork chops if you prefer. They just require a little bit longer to cook.
  • Pork Shake & Bake

How to Cook Stuffed Pork Chops​

Thanks to help from a box of
— which you can prepare in the microwave — these easy stuffed pork chops come together quickly!

1. Sauté the apple, onion, and celery in butter in a large oven-proof skillet (such as a cast iron skillet). If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, that’s fine. You can transfer the pork chops to a baking sheet for the oven.
  2. While the apples and veggies soften in the butter, prepare the stuffing according to the package instructions. You can do this on the stovetop or in the microwave in about 5 minutes.
  3. Once the apples and vegetables are tender, add them to the prepared stuffing. Set the mixture aside to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the pork chops.
  4. Use a sharp paring knife to cut a pocket in each pork chop so that you can stuff it with the filling. Slice almost to the far edge, making the pocket as large as possible. Thick-cut pork chops are much easier to work with!
  5. Follow the directions on the Shake & Bake instructions, coat all the pork chops on the outside only.
  6. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
  7. Fill each pork chop with a healthy tablespoon of stuffing, and secure with toothpicks.
  8. Arrange all of the chops in the large cast iron skillet or place them on a rimmed baking sheet or in a baking dish.
  9. Bake in a 350°F oven until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, about 20-25 minutes.

What to Serve with Apple Stuffed Pork Chops​

Try Grandma's Scalloped Potatoes And Cinamon Apple Sause For A Wonderful Meal

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards

Ingredients​

This is just a quick overview of the ingredients that you’ll need for the best stuffed pork chops.

• Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    pick any flavor of stuffing mix that you like. Good options include
    , or
    . You will also need the additional ingredients called for on the package — water and butter (or use chicken broth, chicken stock, or apple cider instead of water for even more flavor).
  • Butter: to sauté the apples and vegetables, and to prepare the stuffing.
  • Apple, onion, and celery: sweet and savory aromatics that add fresh flavor to the stuffing.
  • Pork chops: I prefer thick-cut, boneless pork chops (or pork loin chops); however, you can use bone-in pork chops if you prefer. They just require a little bit longer to cook.
  • Pork Shake & Bake

How to Cook Stuffed Pork Chops​

Thanks to help from a box of
— which you can prepare in the microwave — these easy stuffed pork chops come together quickly!

1. Sauté the apple, onion, and celery in butter in a large oven-proof skillet (such as a cast iron skillet). If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, that’s fine. You can transfer the pork chops to a baking sheet for the oven.
  2. While the apples and veggies soften in the butter, prepare the stuffing according to the package instructions. You can do this on the stovetop or in the microwave in about 5 minutes.
  3. Once the apples and vegetables are tender, add them to the prepared stuffing. Set the mixture aside to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the pork chops.
  4. Use a sharp paring knife to cut a pocket in each pork chop so that you can stuff it with the filling. Slice almost to the far edge, making the pocket as large as possible. Thick-cut pork chops are much easier to work with!
  5. Follow the directions on the Shake & Bake instructions, coat all the pork chops on the outside only.
  6. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
  7. Fill each pork chop with a healthy tablespoon of stuffing, and secure with toothpicks.
  8. Arrange all of the chops in the large cast iron skillet or place them on a rimmed baking sheet or in a baking dish.
  9. Bake in a 350°F oven until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, about 20-25 minutes.

What to Serve with Apple Stuffed Pork Chops​

Try Grandma's Scalloped Potatoes And Cinamon Apple Sause For A Wonderful Meal
Nice .. will try sometime 😃

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Long long time ago i cooked that, but i made roulade. Instead of making pouches, you spread the filling over the boneless pork. Then you roll it into a cilindar, tie it up so it stays together and put it in the oven.

Quite liked the combo pig and apple, but after years of abstaining from pork i dont like it anymore. I now use veal. It taste less fatty and i dont get pimples.

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Long long time ago i cooked that, but i made roulade. Instead of making pouches, you spread the filling over the boneless pork. Then you roll it into a cilindar, tie it up so it stays together and put it in the oven.

Quite liked the combo pig and apple, but after years of abstaining from pork i dont like it anymore. I now use veal. It taste less fatty and i dont get pimples.
That's one thing I have never made myself is veal, I definitely have to try it.
You have to try Grandma's Scalloped Potatoes though, you'd love them!

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
You know im a bit weary due to pinterest sharing the most awful usaborn recipes. And the last one i got from a real usa woman was mash with marshmallows and i was duh wattuh. So since were on wf, give me a better reason then cause it tastes so good. Or else ill share my grandmas macaroni with smack... 😁

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Well, think of Chicken Cordon Bleu, right?
Crispy meat stuffed with good stuff?

bgshawn499

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
  • For those that don't eat pork feel free to substitute the Boneless Porkchops with Boneless Chicken Breast. I made this Dish Substituting Chicken Breast Many Times.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Lol or buy nonmeat meat. You know what? i tried several versions and its simple the pork version tastes best.

Nonporkers should figure their own recipes... 😂😎

Btw the next one who doesnt come up with a ying replacement for pork that tastes good better uses his porkchops to run. Stupid kids...

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Well, when I have everything going, will need to retrieve some cookbooks and other stuff. But then will post five course meals.