• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Great summer drink(s) in this thread

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Most snacks are either salt or sugar delivery systems; that's why salted caramel is so popular - it does both!

I presume that is the idea here as well - getting the salt to sugar ratio right is the important thing :)

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Most snacks are either salt or sugar delivery systems; that's why salted caramel is so popular - it does both!

I presume that is the idea here as well - getting the salt to sugar ratio right is the important thing :)
Salted caramel, mmm sounds good :)

What I have noticed from my own body is that the body needs sugar and salt for concentration. Not getting enough of this leads to bad concentration. The nervous system needs both sugar and salt. Or rather the brain needs sugar the nervous system needs salt for it to operate properly.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Salted caramel, mmm sounds good :)

What I have noticed from my own body is that the body needs sugar and salt for concentration. Not getting enough of this leads to bad concentration. The nervous system needs both sugar and salt.
Needs, yes, and also craves :D

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Man, I came here to share some good drinks only to find this... No matter

Blend four or five limes
Strain liquid through cheese cloth back into blender
Add a can of condensed milk and some ice
Blend
Enjoy

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
I think it needs rum, if you're kicking back. Electrolytes in harmony tend to mitigate the after-effects of having drunk a bit too much. An ex-Marine introduced me to the notion of using Gatorade as a mixer for the same reason: few morning after regrets if you have to get up and get after it.

As for taste, Mongolian milk tea typically has salt added to it. Myself, I proceed to add a bit of honey. The taste is definitely an acquired one, but this doesn't take long. So the drink in question (by OP) is basically Gatorade sans fruit flavor.

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I would add the standard at-home recipe for FuzeTea, basically Ice Peach Tea. Here goes:

Simple Syrup:

1. cup organic cane sugar
  2. 1 cup water
  3. 2 ripe peaches (thiny sliced // plus more for serving)

TEA:

• 2-3 Tbsp loose leaf black tea (3-4 tea bags // depending on how strong you prefer it)
  • 8 cups of filtered water

Instructions:

1. Bring sugar, water, and peaches to a boil in a small saucepan. Then lower the heat and use a wooden spoon to stir and crush the peaches to infuse the flavor.
  2. Once the sugar is dissolved, cover, remove from heat and let steep for 25-30 minutes.
  3. In the meantime, brew your tea using either a large pot or a tea maker. NOTE: Use less tea if you prefer it weaker or more tea if you prefer it stronger, and try not to let it steep longer than 4-5 minutes or it can get bitter.
  4. Once brewed, remove the tea bags or strain out loose leaf tea and transfer to a pitcher. Refrigerate to cool.
  5. Once your simple syrup is finished, pour into a bottle or container over a fine mesh strainer to strain out peaches. You can reserve the peaches for later use, such as place over oats or ice cream sundaes.
  6. To serve, either set up simple syrup and add to the tea as much as you like, or add all of the simple syrup to the tea and stir. Your choosing is what matters here. Serve tea over ice and fresh sliced peaches.
Buone appetite!

Reaction score
Awards
Take a glass of water.
  • Add a pinch of salt
  • Add a tablespoon of sugar and mix
  • -> Drink
So basically a DIY sports drink.

This isn't a recipe, but the Lime Cucumber Gatorade they sell every year around the World Cup (soccer) is the best flavor of Gatorade when you're outside doing heavy yard work (like shoveling mulch or transporting your mom in a wheelbarrow). It's the most refreshing flavor when you're hot and sweaty.

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
So basically a DIY sports drink.

This isn't a recipe, but the Lime Cucumber Gatorade they sell every year around the World Cup (soccer) is the best flavor of Gatorade when you're outside doing heavy yard work (like shoveling mulch or transporting your mom in a wheelbarrow). It's the most refreshing flavor when you're hot and sweaty.
There are NFL teams that drink pickle juice instead of water. That might be in the cucumber Gatorade ballpark. Ask your mom to compare during her next 'barrow ride.