• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Greetings and Blessings from a Budding Shaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllusiveOwl

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Hello and good tidings!

I am a simple American College sophomore working on a Bachelors with a major in Psychology and minor in Sociology. Externally, I am working towards a grad program that will allow me access to work in the developing field of Psychedelic Psychotherapy and perhaps a PhD, though the internal work is where my real passions lie. I am putting considerable effort to learn both esoteric healing & the square-psychological approach (with a love for Jung) to find some kind of synthesis.

I will not go into my background, but it was unpleasant enough to warrant an honest Dark Night of the Soul that caused about a year of acute suffering before it was over. While teetering over the void and hearing it's whispers of sweet oblivion, I read many books in the field of psychology relating to trauma, growth, purpose, etc, but I only found the nectar of soma when I read through the Bhagavad Gita, which then launched me into a deep rabbit hole of Buddhism and Zen that brought peace back to my heart. I enrolled myself in college and have been adhering to a strict meditation regimen for a few years now. All of my classes and regular social activities happen in the background now, to sustain me physically / mentally so I can later explore mythology, mysticism, and investigate into different arcane traditions in search of truth.

There is no single tradition that I claim to follow at the moment, I only know that I work with the goal of healing and empowering myself so that I may offer others a guide through this dark forest of illusions.

May you all find truth in Samsara, and thank you all for reading. I am a chatty bird, so feel free to message me here or in the server's discord! I am always happy to welcome new friends and peers.

- Horatio

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome to the forum. I'm currently reading Colin Wilson's New Pathways in Psychology, having previously read his books, Beyond the Occult and Gurdjieff-The War Against Sleep. A recurring theme in his books is that of the 'peak experience' and how it relates to mental wellness in humans. Also, his books are a great way to find other interesting books to read regarding both psychological and occult topics. I look forward to reading your posts! :D

IllusiveOwl

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome to the forum. I'm currently reading Colin Wilson's New Pathways in Psychology, having previously read his books, Beyond the Occult and Gurdjieff-The War Against Sleep. A recurring theme in his books is that of the 'peak experience' and how it relates to mental wellness in humans. Also, his books are a great way to find other interesting books to read regarding both psychological and occult topics. I look forward to reading your posts! :D
Thank you so much for the warm welcome and recommendations! I really love going down rabbitholes, reading books suggested by other books. I'll put those on my list!

Xenophon

Apostle
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings---an interesting trek to get here! The Gita opens a lot of doors spiritually speaking, setting off down any number of diverging paths. Keep posting.

IllusiveOwl

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Greetings---an interesting trek to get here! The Gita opens a lot of doors spiritually speaking, setting off down any number of diverging paths. Keep posting.
Salutations!

The Gita really opened up the idea of unity and non-duality to me, I hadn't thought of or considered any of that before, and that led to a blossoming in general curiosity and interest with "why" things are. I can see how many people go off on their own journeys after reading it, I'm still grappling with how little I understand objectively with the basic existential "How" "Why" and "Where"s that my previous faith in science and rationality just fail to explain. Daily still I find myself perplexed that things are happening at all! And how strange they all are, and the personalities that inhabit this curious plane! In some eastern traditions they would say that I have "a head on fire", and I need truth like a puddle of water! I've just been reading ravenously from as many traditions as I can find and meditating with all the energy I can dedicate outside of work and college.

As you've probably seen there is a lot this bird has to chirp about, so you'll probably be seeing me posting a healthy bit!

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome!!! I've been on the Dark Night of the Soul myself. Perhaps, I'm not done yet. But at least, I am ending my Dark Night of the Soul. Awesome!!!! Happy that you in to Psychedelics!

IllusiveOwl

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Welcome!!! I've been on the Dark Night of the Soul myself. Perhaps, I'm not done yet. But at least, I am ending my Dark Night of the Soul. Awesome!!!! Happy that you in to Psychedelics!
The dark night is harsh, and afterwards the temptation to end things never really goes away, but our resolve gets stronger and our intrepid march onward persists!
ezgif.com-gif-maker-6-2048x1152.jpg

I have done a lot of research into psychedelics and I believe that the alleviation it can offer for people suffering from PTSD is profound. Not to mention, as a Shaman-in-training, psychedelics are a sacred key to other planes.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I hope you come out of your dark night reborn and renewed! 🦉🪄

Status
Not open for further replies.