• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Greetings (Here because of Franz Bardon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bataillex

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello,

I am very enthused to have found this forum.. Having discovered it through this
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I now look forward to engaging with this community and hopefully learn more about IIH, Franz Bardon and also the considerable information that this site has in abundance. Having already seen a couple of books I have been interested in for some time I also hope that I am able to share some information.

I have practiced a lot of vipassana meditation and have only recently started to bring IIH into my life as part of my daily practice. I aim to move up the ten steps, but having had a copy of the book for almost 10 years, I am just focusing on making the habits stick at the same time in space.

Thank you again, and looking forward to connect.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hello!

I've found Virgil's companion books to IIH INCREDIBLY helpful - I posted a pretty detailed write up on his book on the Soul Mirror steps here if you're interested, with some of the key stuff I learned

I also found his book The Covert Side of Initiation to have some EXTREMELY useful tips on the mental training in step 1. ("Covert" meaning "not obvious").

He's great at adding that extra bit of advice or angle that makes an exercise click for me (I'm not working through IIH, but present-mindedness / meditation skills and elemental equilibrium are valuable on any path, that's why I read the Virgil books)

bataillex

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello!

I've found Virgil's companion books to IIH INCREDIBLY helpful - I posted a pretty detailed write up on his book on the Soul Mirror steps here if you're interested, with some of the key stuff I learned

I also found his book The Covert Side of Initiation to have some EXTREMELY useful tips on the mental training in step 1. ("Covert" meaning "not obvious").

He's great at adding that extra bit of advice or angle that makes an exercise click for me (I'm not working through IIH, but present-mindedness / meditation skills and elemental equilibrium are valuable on any path, that's why I read the Virgil books)
It was this post that led me to signing up here! Thank you for sharing that information, then and now.

The thing that caught my eye was not splitting up the soul mirror, this seems like a really good approach and resonates with a few ideas lately. And then the distinction between the washing with water and eating was also interesting, it added another element to my overall experience.

Thank you very much for sharing again, I would like to read these books when possible and have added the links into my notion!

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Hello,

I am very enthused to have found this forum.. Having discovered it through this
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
I now look forward to engaging with this community and hopefully learn more about IIH, Franz Bardon and also the considerable information that this site has in abundance. Having already seen a couple of books I have been interested in for some time I also hope that I am able to share some information.

I have practiced a lot of vipassana meditation and have only recently started to bring IIH into my life as part of my daily practice. I aim to move up the ten steps, but having had a copy of the book for almost 10 years, I am just focusing on making the habits stick at the same time in space.

Thank you again, and looking forward to connect.
Is that Goenka's version of vipassana? Tried it and was much enamored with it.

bataillex

Visitor
Reaction score
Is that Goenka's version of vipassana? Tried it and was much enamored with it.
That's great to hear.

Yes, I went through a period of time going for a ten days then signing up for another asap.
It took a couple before I got used to his singing in the morning!

Before the first, meditation was like sitting in a bath, if it was too hot or too cold I would get out.
Then on the first day of the first ten I realized I was in well over my head.
So, sinking down into the pillow, Vipassana taught me the beauty in sitting serenely with the pain.

I aim to start another cycle like that over the next couple of years.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Really? The singing grabbed me right away. I did retreat in Washington state (near the town of George). Good setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.