• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

greetings & salutations

Status
Not open for further replies.

oggunista80

Neophyte
Reaction score
New to occult forums-this place seems to house lots of insightful info and resources. I joined because within the last year, much of my practicing ways have called me back after many years of dormancy.
I grew up around a lot of Santeria and Palo practitioners and was initiated as a teen. Everything started with my dreams a few years ago as they began telling/warning me about things within my waking life-and things to come. I found and audio of Tibetan Book of the Dead, which then led me down to Nag Hammadi library writings.
Was out of work for about a year due to an ongoing legal case that flagged my background checks-so I decided to revive my old practices with alot of new found knowledge.
I began to meditate and perform my candle magick rituals I remember as a kid and the week I started, while I was meditating and scrying (something I had learned to do when young), someone called me and offered me a new high paying position. Something I had not even applied for and had given up hope on. anyway, there's much more details but dont wanna TLDR this intro. feel free to ask.
I was taught I guess a decent amount of knowledge on candle majick, blood offerings (something I do not partake in), sex magick, candle scrying, and Saints and SantaMuerte(which I do not partake in).
anyway-thanks for reading and blessings.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I grew up around a lot of Santeria and Palo practitioners and was initiated as a teen.

I've always been really interested in Santeria and Palo, but haven't ever really looked into what they're about. Having grown up with people involved in the practice and been initiated yourself, can I ask...do people who practice generally see these as "closed practices"? Or do they welcome outsiders to learn and practice too? Just curious.

oggunista80

Neophyte
Reaction score
I've always been really interested in Santeria and Palo, but haven't ever really looked into what they're about. Having grown up with people involved in the practice and been initiated yourself, can I ask...do people who practice generally see these as "closed practices"? Or do they welcome outsiders to learn and practice too? Just curious.
In my personal experience- outsiders were never really turned away. I remember lots of non spanish speaking randoms that would seek council from a Santero/Santera. If you get cool with the practioners and they see that you have the sight, they never closed their doors to randoms unless something tells them.
Initiation really just means you been thru a cleansing ceremony, presented with 7 colored necklaces to rep the Saints/orishas, and the one who pdesents becomes your spiritual Godfather/or Godmother.

Just be aware-tho from a distance Santeria, Palo, and Voodoo look the same, they are NOT.

Jaide

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
In my personal experience- outsiders were never really turned away. I remember lots of non spanish speaking randoms that would seek council from a Santero/Santera. If you get cool with the practioners and they see that you have the sight, they never closed their doors to randoms unless something tells them.
Initiation really just means you been thru a cleansing ceremony, presented with 7 colored necklaces to rep the Saints/orishas, and the one who pdesents becomes your spiritual Godfather/or Godmother.

Just be aware-tho from a distance Santeria, Palo, and Voodoo look the same, they are NOT.

I've never really studied any of them, though I've always wanted to. More out of curiosity than a desire to practice. I'm a knowledge sponge. I'll be sure to look for the differences when I finally do look into them. Thanks for the info. :)

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
New to occult forums-this place seems to house lots of insightful info and resources. I joined because within the last year, much of my practicing ways have called me back after many years of dormancy.
I grew up around a lot of Santeria and Palo practitioners and was initiated as a teen. Everything started with my dreams a few years ago as they began telling/warning me about things within my waking life-and things to come. I found and audio of Tibetan Book of the Dead, which then led me down to Nag Hammadi library writings.
Was out of work for about a year due to an ongoing legal case that flagged my background checks-so I decided to revive my old practices with alot of new found knowledge.
I began to meditate and perform my candle magick rituals I remember as a kid and the week I started, while I was meditating and scrying (something I had learned to do when young), someone called me and offered me a new high paying position. Something I had not even applied for and had given up hope on. anyway, there's much more details but dont wanna TLDR this intro. feel free to ask.
I was taught I guess a decent amount of knowledge on candle majick, blood offerings (something I do not partake in), sex magick, candle scrying, and Saints and SantaMuerte(which I do not partake in).
anyway-thanks for reading and blessings.
Welcome. Sorry to hear about your legal troubles. Hopefully that's all sorted by now.

Glad to hear you found WF to be insightful, and that you found resources here. If you are looking for anything in particular, let me know and I'll try to source it for you.

Feel free to make a thread if you want to share an experience or ask a question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.