• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book – PDF Greg Crowfoot - Understanding the Galdrabók & Creating Original Designs

Share a PDF of a book.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Seems to be a free e-book. Very interesting how the author merges Nordic runes and Latin characters!

The problem for the rune magicians of today is that in many cases the Galdrabóks' designs are so complex and so abstract that they defy easy understanding. This makes it difficult, if not impossible for rune-magicians to employ designs of similar complexity and power for their own workings. This was certainly the case when I first encountered "THE GALDRABÓK". Even one of my first instructors in the northern tradition was intimidated by it and was unwilling to even attempt a decipherment of its enigmatic forms. According to him, the keys to the composition of the Galdrabók's designs had been lost could not be recovered. I did not accept that idea and subsequently embarked on an effort to find them. After considerable private study, I arrived at a number of methods that I believe allow an understanding of many of the designs presented in "THE GALDRABÓK" and will make the construction of original forms possible.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited: