• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

G. Ephraim

Neophyte
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am hoping to get some insight from the community on potential substitutions for substances in the Grimoirium Verum. Specifically, the use of "moles blood" in the preparation of the knife used in making the circle. While I am not necessarily opposed to the use of animal blood in this work, I'm finding that it may be next to impossible to obtain this and the alternative option of locating a molehill and attempting to trap a mole is less than appealing. I have given thought to the use of pomegranate juice in place of mole blood as the correspondence between the fruit and the animal's associations with travel between the chthonic underworld and the world of the living seem to suit the general purpose and intentions.

If anyone works with the Verum system of spirit contact and can give insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I don't work with it.

But i think i'd have a good laugh trying to catch a mole.

my vote? it's all symbolic. They all have some mystical bs always involved, this we can separate in two categories
one - the item/ingredient is to the liking or favor or connection to the entity
two - the item is a representation of the "currency" of the offering,

i'd rather work out some bs estimation worth of the effort/rarity of the requierments to my circumstances
Would much rather burn 200e in fire than go through the hoops of getting some of the dumbass things rituals require

My ninja where am i gonna find - well okay there are shops for everything these days- but getting up to go find a cloak woven
by virgins during the eclipse on a rainy day while Obama sings the national anthem is not an expectation they can demand today.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Right off the top of my head: beetroot instead of pomegranate juice because beetroots grow underground just like moles do. Mind you, I've got zero experience in the ceremonial magic department but I can imagine the juice you extract from a beetroot (no idea how it's done, probably some sort of vegetable alchemy ;)) yourself is more potent than store-bought one. I wish you the best of success!
Post automatically merged:

Additionally, you could try to thicken that beetroot juice with corn starch, for example, to give it a texture more similar to blood.

Last edited: