• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hair (head) length and it’s relation with the supernatural

SolYCobre

Neophyte
Reaction score
Do hair lenght affect in some way activities like meditation, visualization or even the feeling or detection of entities? I’ve heard someone long time ago that said the hair are like antennae and it’s an extremely important part of the body spiritually speaking. Are there any texts or traditions that talk about it? Also what about a shaved head? A lot of the “illuminated person” imagery is bald or shaved. Is that more of a representation of leaving worldly needs like taking care of their long hair. Any personal experiences?
Thanks in advance

Pyrokar

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
It's cultural

i could go on in more detail this or that way to fluff the response and similar cases i heard of but it really is just a cultural thing.

essentially this is the influence of folk/tradition vs magick.
Hermeticism does not really respect minute insignificant things like that,
if it was A critical element then you would simply borrow it, like how they used boys for divination (and god knows what else)

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Do hair lenght affect in some way activities like meditation, visualization or even the feeling or detection of entities? I’ve heard someone long time ago that said the hair are like antennae and it’s an extremely important part of the body spiritually speaking. Are there any texts or traditions that talk about it? Also what about a shaved head? A lot of the “illuminated person” imagery is bald or shaved. Is that more of a representation of leaving worldly needs like taking care of their long hair. Any personal experiences?
Thanks in advance
The only person I ever heard say that hair are like antennae was the hippy drug dealer Danny in the film 'Withnail and I'.
  • Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    : I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hair are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight.
  • Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
    : What absolute twaddle.

Reaction score
Well technically hair are... Dead. There is no life force (or very little) in hair itself (unlike saliva or blood)

I believe wearing a veil protect the head itself and also the point behind your neck that is said to be a gateway to the spirit world.