• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Have you heard of the Franz Bardon Academy?

ChaosMarc

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I came across a youtube channel here->
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

and it is connected to their website here->

for the Franz Bardon Academy. I'm not sure what to make of it besides I doubt they are actively taking new students. It looks like the first (101) class is $200, and the second class (201) is $350 and take 10 weeks and 14 weeks respectively. Those time frames might sound right, but something about the site feels off. This Jacob Abramowitz guy says he has studied Franz Bardon and other manuscripts for 8 years and if he was perfectly studious, I have no doubt he could be an impressive magician. the broken English on the site, constant misspellings, and all the videos with robot text-to-voice voiceovers make me think it might be a scam. I did some of the IIH and from what I could tell, you didn't need anyone to teach you anything. The book was enough. Does anyone have any experience with them?

ChaosMarc

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
The Jacob Abramowitz guy also seems to have authored either 5 or 6 books and labeled them "The Franz Bardon Series".
The link can be found here->

Does anyone have any experience with these? I thought I would try and get some feedback from the masses before I posted some book requests.

Sage

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
"An ivy league hermetic school"

I'm sorry, but this seems a bit funny to me.

In part due to the fact that in the old times, knowledge was truly a privilege that only the rich and powerful could pay for, so to see a self proclaimed "Ivy League" for hermeticism seems to kinda go with how it was in the past.Only those with mean$ could get it.

In other part because anything that feels the need to call itself the "Ivy League of something" seems to be seeking to use people's association to the phrase "Ivy League" to the prestigious(and pompous) universities and thus making the connection that this institute is also "on par" in terms of prestige, quality and history.

Which might be a bogus claim for all we know.
It just is funny how they seem to have a need to use this.

ChaosMarc

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
"An ivy league hermetic school"

I'm sorry, but this seems a bit funny to me.

In part due to the fact that in the old times, knowledge was truly a privilege that only the rich and powerful could pay for, so to see a self proclaimed "Ivy League" for hermeticism seems to kinda go with how it was in the past.Only those with mean$ could get it.

In other part because anything that feels the need to call itself the "Ivy League of something" seems to be seeking to use people's association to the phrase "Ivy League" to the prestigious(and pompous) universities and thus making the connection that this institute is also "on par" in terms of prestige, quality and history.

Which might be a bogus claim for all we know.
It just is funny how they seem to have a need to use this.
That along with all of the "wizardy" or "witchy" stock photos everywhere on the site. Like, wow, there is an old white guy with a wizard hat and robes stirring a cauldron, this place must be legit!

Reaction score
Awards

for the Franz Bardon Academy. I'm not sure what to make of it besides I doubt they are actively taking new students. It looks like the first (101) class is $200, and the second class (201) is $350 and take 10 weeks and 14 weeks respectively. Those time frames might sound right, but something about the site feels off. This Jacob Abramowitz guy says he has studied Franz Bardon and other manuscripts for 8 years and if he was perfectly studious, I have no doubt he could be an impressive magician. the broken English on the site, constant misspellings, and all the videos with robot text-to-voice voiceovers make me think it might be a scam. I did some of the IIH and from what I could tell, you didn't need anyone to teach you anything. The book was enough. Does anyone have any experience with them?
I found Bardons work a while ago and I created a free audiobook for his first book Initiation Into Hermetics (which you can find on my youtube channel which has the same name as my username here).

I did create some "log/diary" books for personal use (based on the criteria for such materials listed in the book), and I uploaded the templates to Amazon to sell (links in the description of the video). People seem to find them useful, I know I do.

But I would never be so bold to sell a course or "teach" an "academy" on Bardon's books, because I think when it comes to the occult that old saying stands true - "Those who can't do, teach". I would also consider it a waste of time based on what I've read in Bardon's books.

Here's what I mean:

In Bardon's first book, "Initiation Into Hermetics", he went into great detail on creating "elementaries" and their many uses, and how you could easily use one to affect peoples minds, which means you could create sales for your business (I remember this specific purpose even being mentioned). In other words, you could do something as simple as sell pastries as a street vendor, and make a lot of quick tax free income (the government can't track the profits of a cash business like that properly :sneaky:).

In Bardon's second book, "The Practice Of Magical Evocation" (which I am currently finishing up the audiobook for), he went into great detail about the many "beings"/"intelligences" in various zones (earth, moon, etc), each of which having their own sets of skills and knowledge. Many of which can supposedly help you acquire great wealth, luck, etc.

I've only just started the training exercises of book one, but my point is, if I can truly complete the exercises of just book one, I would have no reason to sell a course or "teach" an "academy", because I could just make myself rich through much simpler means. I wouldn't sell anything really, I'd just release everything I'm selling right now for free and fade into the background of society to be recluse and immerse myself in occult studies (probably change my name too).

I just find it weird when I see so many "occultists" that claim to have all of this knowledge and amazing abilities, and yet they are at the mercy of the same "9 to 5" paycheck to paycheck struggle as the rest of us "unenlightened" plebs lol. It just doesn't make sense to me.

How could someone claim to have mastered Bardon's initiation system (to the degree in which they consider themselves skilled enough to teach it) and yet need to sell a course for hundreds of dollars?

I would argue that they haven't even created an elementary yet. In the second book you are pretty much told to use your knowledge and abilities to attain resources, so that you can spend more time furthering your occult knowledge. In the first book it is more "hinted".

So why is this guy selling a $200 course?, when he could use his abilities to make more money through even faster methods, that require less effort, and more importantly, methods that can't be taxed and monitored by the government through online sales records?

Long story short, I think it's bollocks. It's another example of selling shovels and buckets during the gold rush, instead of using the very tools you are selling to get the gold.

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The Jacob Abramowitz guy also seems to have authored either 5 or 6 books and labeled them "The Franz Bardon Series".
The link can be found here->

Does anyone have any experience with these? I thought I would try and get some feedback from the masses before I posted some book requests.
Yes they are good reads and i would recommend them

RabbitPants

Neophyte
Reaction score

Why do you need to pay $350 to hear somebody else's interpretations of works you can get online for free?

ChaosMarc

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I would argue that they haven't even created an elementary yet. In the second book you are pretty much told to use your knowledge and abilities to attain resources, so that you can spend more time furthering your occult knowledge. In the first book it is more "hinted".
I haven't read much of the PME so I haven't come across this yet. But I have been expecting more magical paths to have this as an expectation or at least recommendation. Not "Castle with servants" rich but enough not to have to work a 9-5. Enough to buy a house and a car (You need one if you live in most of America) and be able to live near family (So no you don't need to go live in a cave or a remote area to get away from civilization) and enough to buy groceries so you don't have to tend to a garden 10 hours a day to constantly be able to harvest to live off the land. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find people that have worked through the IIH that are open enough about their finances to say "I worked through the IIH/PME/KTK and used that information/skills to get enough money to do X,Y, and Z, and now I don't have to work for the rest of my life". I would think that Hermeticism would say that a person making it their "job" trying to figure out how to balance their soul mirrors and use invocation to better create a vessel for divinity to shine through would be the highest calling to man.
Looking through the PME, a few quotes that would seem to back up my view that money doesn't have to be a hindrance to spiritual development:
Page 240 of PME
"Fig. 340: Capipa (16° Aquarius) - is known as the custodian of wealth, riches and reputation. He and his servants are the custodians of all treasures situated under the earth, precious stones as well as the treasures hidden away by human hands. If the magician wants to become rich quickly, without the riches becoming a hindrance to his spiritual development - which fact can best be found out by the head himself who in this case would tell the magician about it - he can be sure that Capipa will see that he acquires the desired riches."
Page 245 of PME
"Fig. 364: Siria (10° Pisces)- Special occult methods revealed to the magician by this head will bring him - depending on his degree of maturity - happiness, wealth, honour, riches and respect without influencing his Karma in a negative way. Siria can fulfill the magician any wish in this respect."
Note that it said, "without influencing his Karma in any way."
Therefore, there are ways to get enough money to live a wealthy life without hindering one's spiritual development or influencing one's Karma.

Reaction score
Awards
Looking through the PME, a few quotes that would seem to back up my view that money doesn't have to be a hindrance to spiritual development:
Page 240 of PME
"Fig. 340: Capipa (16° Aquarius) - is known as the custodian of wealth, riches and reputation. He and his servants are the custodians of all treasures situated under the earth, precious stones as well as the treasures hidden away by human hands. If the magician wants to become rich quickly, without the riches becoming a hindrance to his spiritual development - which fact can best be found out by the head himself who in this case would tell the magician about it - he can be sure that Capipa will see that he acquires the desired riches."
Page 245 of PME
"Fig. 364: Siria (10° Pisces)- Special occult methods revealed to the magician by this head will bring him - depending on his degree of maturity - happiness, wealth, honour, riches and respect without influencing his Karma in a negative way. Siria can fulfill the magician any wish in this respect."
Therefore, there are ways to get enough money to live a wealthy life without hindering one's spiritual development or influencing one's Karma.
I actually just finished the audiobook for The Practice Of Magical Evocation, it's uploaded to my youtube channel.

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I found Bardons work a while ago and I created a free audiobook for his first book Initiation Into Hermetics (which you can find on my youtube channel which has the same name as my username here).

I did create some "log/diary" books for personal use (based on the criteria for such materials listed in the book), and I uploaded the templates to Amazon to sell (links in the description of the video). People seem to find them useful, I know I do.

But I would never be so bold to sell a course or "teach" an "academy" on Bardon's books, because I think when it comes to the occult that old saying stands true - "Those who can't do, teach". I would also consider it a waste of time based on what I've read in Bardon's books.

Here's what I mean:

In Bardon's first book, "Initiation Into Hermetics", he went into great detail on creating "elementaries" and their many uses, and how you could easily use one to affect peoples minds, which means you could create sales for your business (I remember this specific purpose even being mentioned). In other words, you could do something as simple as sell pastries as a street vendor, and make a lot of quick tax free income (the government can't track the profits of a cash business like that properly :sneaky:).

In Bardon's second book, "The Practice Of Magical Evocation" (which I am currently finishing up the audiobook for), he went into great detail about the many "beings"/"intelligences" in various zones (earth, moon, etc), each of which having their own sets of skills and knowledge. Many of which can supposedly help you acquire great wealth, luck, etc.

I've only just started the training exercises of book one, but my point is, if I can truly complete the exercises of just book one, I would have no reason to sell a course or "teach" an "academy", because I could just make myself rich through much simpler means. I wouldn't sell anything really, I'd just release everything I'm selling right now for free and fade into the background of society to be recluse and immerse myself in occult studies (probably change my name too).

I just find it weird when I see so many "occultists" that claim to have all of this knowledge and amazing abilities, and yet they are at the mercy of the same "9 to 5" paycheck to paycheck struggle as the rest of us "unenlightened" plebs lol. It just doesn't make sense to me.

How could someone claim to have mastered Bardon's initiation system (to the degree in which they consider themselves skilled enough to teach it) and yet need to sell a course for hundreds of dollars?

So why is this guy selling a $200 course?, when he could use his abilities to make more money through even faster methods, that require less effort, and more importantly, methods that can't be taxed and monitored by the government through online sales records?

Long story short, I think it's bollocks. It's another example of selling shovels and buckets during the gold rush, instead of using the very tools you are selling to get the gold.
Bardon couldnt even save himself from the germans so I question him. I could do that but dont have his ego, to me the 4 letter name is the rub not a reality and does nothing when used.

Reaction score
Awards
Bardon couldnt even save himself from the germans so I question him.
I question the reality of magic itself, because I am only just starting off, and I have yet to achieve a feat that has proven it's existence to me without a doubt. I believe that magic is real, but I don't want to just believe, I want to know it exists. There's a big difference.

I want magic to be a science to me, not a religion. Bardon's writings are the only occult writings I've found that reflect this same sentiment.

As for Bardon saving himself from the Germans.

Maybe the Germans had other occultists working for them that helped? (him being a great occultist, doesn't mean he can best the power of many others).

Maybe Bardon saw no need to "save himself" based on his beliefs of what comes after death, and having felt that he completed his "trials" on earth?. Similar to the way that Jesus saw no need to struggle against his crucifixion, as it was part of him completing his work on this mortal plane.

Maybe he didn't actually die and he just saw him being imprisoned as an opportunity to fake his death by creating a "body double" and he's still alive today, immortal?

Who knows?.

I'm just glad that he put in the time and effort required to create such a perfect initiation system. I can't find any other book like it, to me he is the best of the best. No coded speech, no esotericism, no theatrics, straightforward, detailed instructions, practical and not just endless theory you can't test, gives suggested experiments to test your abilities using scientific methods, etc.

That last part is very important, it shows that unlike most occult authors he has made himself "fallible" and that he is taking magic quite literally. I've seen so many people back peddle when it comes to the occult and say that "this isn't literal" or "well you can't literally do that".

But in Bardons books there is none of those semantics or word games.

He literally says that you can soak a piece of cotton in an accelerant and then ignite it using your control of the fire element.

He literally says that through your control of the fire element you can alter the temperature of a room and observe the change using a thermometer.

He doesn't play any of these figurative games that many other authors do, as if trying to leave a "loop hole" so that they can't be proven to be charlatans (not saying that they are fakes, but I just don't like their writings).

Every other book I've come across speaks of "feats" of magic as something illusory and conveniently unobservable (in other words infallible).

Bardon makes it so that you can track your progress and gauge whether or not anything you are practicing is actually happening (as in physical reality).

He doesn't tell you to just blindly believe, he instructs you to prove to yourself that the occult is "real" and not just "probable".

If you know of any other authors like that please let me know, but I doubt you will find them. Bardon is a one of kind, and so is his first book Initiation Into Hermetics.

Last edited:

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
no doubt about it I read one of his books he was teaching steps in the magical life i remember the magic mirror which you dont see anywhere else. Yes who knows what he dead for or from, He believed in Himalayan masters and went there several times. I was planning to get a chateau in France with a chapel and dedicate it to his spirit invocations, I left the 4 letter name behind since and don t use him, I am not any kind of hebrew and find a lot of atheists in and around that code. Good for you , today chaos is every where. As for believing I hope the best for you, I am learning a type of "channeling" to receive lost knowledge and reintroduce it. I started out by just going for the stated results or nothing. It took a long time but finally I got many things. The faith is not in it from you like a desire because it is tadition it is rather if something is lieing to you. I think your various witches are successeding and follow them, men are to physical and warriors bent on material gains and actions so oncce you can charm a sword and see it invincible then faith is sure. I would suggest starting with your mind because it is linked directly to the universal mind and you need nothing to use it but concentration.
My probation blocks me giving you a thumbs up but I still do, quit nonsense to pretend, nothing like freedom of speech (when true) but social controls ae leftist and leave the world dead.

The Golden Jackal

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Page 240 of PME
Page 245 of PME
Very true they actually teach that wealth is infinite, not that it gives bad karma but holds you back from trancendance because krama is a wheel that never ends be it good or bad