• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hello seekers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

it's been the book nerd in me who brought me here, but the community looks nice enough to actually join.

I live in southern Europe, already in my forties, and my gateway to the Occult was made of plants. I cultivated and worked over the years with quite a few plants - and arguably, in the first place visionary plants were my gateway to All Plants... but that would be another story. Then a few years ago a friend linked me to the Viridarium Umbris, I connected with esoteric herbalism, and (thanks also to the book nerd) I dived in.

The first things I learned in practice followed the Cultus Sabbati, but at the same time I joined a chaos magic community, which in retrospective seems a pretty good way to get started, figure out your own ways, and meet interesting people. But eventually, after checking this and that, I settled closer to traditional witchcraft, European-Mediterranean by context (although I find African traditions fascinating). I keep working with plants, I think in animistic terms because they work for me and make the biggest sense, and I try to keep exploring practices that fit, like goêteia (understood as chthonic sorcery, not as solomonic magic).

I look forward to learn here and I hope to be useful. Thank you!

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
hi there,
nice to meet you. ever seen veggie tales? i did and then some phones got stolen and now i got a keris (wardagger/sword often infused with spirits and made from metal thats from out of space) dance forming. some of these spirits claim that mecca is fake and that they stole the stone from them. idk everything is possible. in mecca they say the stone is like jesus as long as you pray towards it of course.

i found both a nag. speaking stones and daggers and stuff. im too dutch for that, so they kick and scream and i take a sip of my plant brew and grow a pair. and now we talk.

btw, your avatar name makes me think of intestines is that correct? if so, put some more olives in and a slice of lemon, cause me thinks i can cook that better. ;)

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hi I love salad too
I'm not surprised, I had very nice salads in Rio Branco. But to be honest, I liked churrasco better. Roasted alligator was remarkable (y)

Welcome around too.
Post automatically merged:

hi there,
nice to meet you. ever seen veggie tales?
Nice to meet you too. And I had to google to see what Veggie Tales was, and other than a couple screenshots, the first piece of info I found says that the company had to file for bankruptcy after 14 years and the creator seemed a bit disappointed with god for letting that happen. But god was never a reliable business patron, and his servants should be aware of that by now.

i did and then some phones got stolen and now i got a keris (wardagger/sword often infused with spirits and made from metal thats from out of space) dance forming. some of these spirits claim that mecca is fake and that they stole the stone from them. idk everything is possible. in mecca they say the stone is like jesus as long as you pray towards it of course.
Sorry to hear about the phones.
Maybe some day managers in Mecca will agree to run some tests on the black stone, they'll finally figure out where it came from and then you can fact check it with your spirits.

i found both a nag. speaking stones and daggers and stuff. im too dutch for that, so they kick and scream and i take a sip of my plant brew and grow a pair. and now we talk.
I have a couple friends in the Netherlands that apparently have no issues with that kind of tools, in spite of being pretty dutch. But now I'm curious to know more about your plant brew.

btw, your avatar name makes me think of intestines is that correct? if so, put some more olives in and a slice of lemon, cause me thinks i can cook that better. ;)
So tryp relates to intestines in dutch? My name is short for tryptamine, and turns out that tryptamines are mostly processed in the gut, so you're on to something there. Regardless, olives and lemon work good together.

Last edited:

Frater Pavan

Visitor
Reaction score
Stewed alligator is even better. Have you had some ahayuaska salad whith fried mushrooms?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
yeah veggie tales is a sad story, it was fun while it lasted. no devil showed up in the end so what else to do then file for bankruptcy? yeah well i know a few things to do other then that, but then somehow the change from the trilogy from part 2 to 3 is eating more meat????? so newsflash: jesus was a vegan. i am silly enough to wonder that, so after part 3 i now have a little addendum or sidenote. anyways they call this new thingy atheism. so i really didnt know, that that was the point: a theism.

i like invisible gods better so i threw it over to the other side and for me that syncs with crypto and cultsystems. lots of yadayadayadas into life and now one ask for my brew.....so qup of qoffee for the gentleman with some cubes of sugar from our own private sugar eddy.

i understand there are many dutch who dont mind the dagger experience, maybe ask whos on 5th, cause i aint anansi, but i do love pixelart and bananas. oww and i also have secret tea, but thats a secret so you know....

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
So tryp relates to intestines in dutch?
It's just similar to "tripe", which I believe is cow intestine.

Also, thanks for fulfilling a request in the proper way.

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
Stewed alligator is even better. Have you had some ahayuaska salad whith fried mushrooms?

Some folks say that ayawaska and mushrooms work really well together, but that ain't no olives and lemon slice... aya vine makes a nasty salad dressing, I'd rather pick pesto any day.

yeah veggie tales is a sad story, it was fun while it lasted. no devil showed up in the end so what else to do then file for bankruptcy? yeah well i know a few things to do other then that, but then somehow the change from the trilogy from part 2 to 3 is eating more meat????? so newsflash: jesus was a vegan. i am silly enough to wonder that, so after part 3 i now have a little addendum or sidenote. anyways they call this new thingy atheism. so i really didnt know, that that was the point: a theism.

i like invisible gods better so i threw it over to the other side and for me that syncs with crypto and cultsystems. lots of yadayadayadas into life and now one ask for my brew.....so qup of qoffee for the gentleman with some cubes of sugar from our own private sugar eddy.

i understand there are many dutch who dont mind the dagger experience, maybe ask whos on 5th, cause i aint anansi, but i do love pixelart and bananas. oww and i also have secret tea, but thats a secret so you know....

Actually Jesus was a pescatarian, at best... or he was really starving when he resurrected.

"Yet for all their joy they were still disbelieving and wondering, and he said to them, “Have you anything here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, and he took it and ate in their presence." - Luke 24:41

And I will let another song talk about yadayada cults. But I respect your tea privacy.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Hi everyone,

it's been the book nerd in me who brought me here, but the community looks nice enough to actually join.

I live in southern Europe, already in my forties, and my gateway to the Occult was made of plants. I cultivated and worked over the years with quite a few plants - and arguably, in the first place visionary plants were my gateway to All Plants... but that would be another story. Then a few years ago a friend linked me to the Viridarium Umbris, I connected with esoteric herbalism, and (thanks also to the book nerd) I dived in.

The first things I learned in practice followed the Cultus Sabbati, but at the same time I joined a chaos magic community, which in retrospective seems a pretty good way to get started, figure out your own ways, and meet interesting people. But eventually, after checking this and that, I settled closer to traditional witchcraft, European-Mediterranean by context (although I find African traditions fascinating). I keep working with plants, I think in animistic terms because they work for me and make the biggest sense, and I try to keep exploring practices that fit, like goêteia (understood as chthonic sorcery, not as solomonic magic).

I look forward to learn here and I hope to be useful. Thank you!
Welcome Tryp!!! Awesome!! I'm a Plant Lover myself. And, probably you'll learn more with a great friend of mind here at the forums. Scottish_Pride. He really knows about what to do with Plants. Look him up, and enjoy your stay....

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
Welcome Tryp!!! Awesome!! I'm a Plant Lover myself. And, probably you'll learn more with a great friend of mind here at the forums. Scottish_Pride. He really knows about what to do with Plants. Look him up, and enjoy your stay....

Thank you! I will definitely have a look. I'm on a year of changes, though, and I've had a much nicer garden in the past, but I hope to contribute as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.