• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Help with sleep paralysis

Someone's asking for help!

catpottery

Neophyte
Reaction score
I often get sleep paralysis, but I never encounter entities, aside from spiders on my roof. I've felt the presence of entities before, but never during sleep paralysis.
Usually, during sleep paralysis, I will actually break out of it with my eyes still open. It's like being in a different world. During SP, my thoughts are clear, there are no sounds and everything feels pristine. Leaving sleep paralysis is like leaving a higher dimension, my eyes defocus and refocus and it's like a weight is lifted above my head. If I get it during a nap, it's like the entire world has stopped until I re-enter normal waking consciousness, where all my thoughts and sounds of the midday flood back in.
If I decide to re-enter a dream afterward, I'm totally lucid, though that usually fades really quickly.
I was wondering if anyone else had such clarity during SP, and if they had any methods of entering this state of pristine mind at will. Also if there were any way to get the most out of this phenomenon.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
To get the most out of the phenomenon would be to simply observe and feel with a quiet mind and a still heart.

Additionally, perhaps you could attempt to astral project, as it is easier to accomplish during those transitional stages of consciousness.

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
If I decide to re-enter a dream afterward, I'm totally lucid, though that usually fades really quickly
Same. When I consciously try to enter sleep paralysis and after a while roll over I have the most intense dream experiences. But it's still incredibly hard for me to remain lucid longer than a couple of moments.

frsfmcs

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I'll share my sleep paralysis "cure" with you. Maybe you can try it and give me a feedback. When you have sleep paralysis next time visualize all the energy in your body gathering in your belly. Then, pull it in your brain. Your head will hurt after, but you will wake up. Works every time for me.
Likewise, this made me theorize that during sleep paralysis you aren't actually with your eyes open in your real body, but in your astral one. That's why you "wake up" in the same room you fell asleep, and I think that's why my technique worked for me.

catpottery

Neophyte
Reaction score
I'll share my sleep paralysis "cure" with you. Maybe you can try it and give me a feedback. When you have sleep paralysis next time visualize all the energy in your body gathering in your belly. Then, pull it in your brain. Your head will hurt after, but you will wake up. Works every time for me.
Likewise, this made me theorize that during sleep paralysis you aren't actually with your eyes open in your real body, but in your astral one. That's why you "wake up" in the same room you fell asleep, and I think that's why my technique worked for me.
Considering I've actually moved around my room in my astral body during sleep paralysis, my theory is that you inhabit the dense etheric body instead.

frsfmcs

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Considering I've actually moved around my room in my astral body during sleep paralysis, my theory is that you inhabit the dense etheric body instead.
Then it's not sleeping paralysis. I've been having it since I was around 4 years old and you can't move anything besides your eyes during sleep paralysis. That's why it is called sleep paralysis after all. If you succeed in moving something during sleep paralysis you just wake up. This is what happens to all people I know who have this issue.

William66

Solomonic practitioner
Reaction score
Awards
Within islam this is "Kaboos" related to Jinns. Damn the feelings during that stage, i hate sleep paralysis.

catpottery

Neophyte
Reaction score
Then it's not sleeping paralysis. I've been having it since I was around 4 years old and you can't move anything besides your eyes during sleep paralysis. That's why it is called sleep paralysis after all. If you succeed in moving something during sleep paralysis you just wake up. This is what happens to all people I know who have this issue.
Except it is, because I am not moving my physical body at all. I always wear covers, I'd be able to feel them above me if I was moving my physical limbs. I'd also be able to see them moving. When I have sleep paralysis, my eyes are usually locked to one spot anyways.