• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Hermetic Group (Lodge) type Initiations

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
If you are not plugged into their current, you are not following the material in order to be initiated into their system, if you are using the material to rather round out your magical foundation and knowledge, will power manifest through their material, or do you have to be initiated into their system physically, before seeing the results of the attempted work?
In other words, if I follow Thelema material, do the rituals, understand the fundamentals, do you necessarily then have to be plugged into a physical AA/OTO lodge and be intiaitate duo reap the results of magic done?

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
Nobody can initiate you into your own way of magic but yourself! ;) I just learn all the stuff I want to learn and seek for my own experience. This works way better than sticking strictly to a system of someone else, cause you know best what is right for you. :geek:

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Cool.
I irritate others by not sticking to one system, which os partly ADD related, the other is following chain references down rabbit holes, this tends to irritate that crowd farther.
However, unless it is a collection of rituals, an authentic grimoire, or a magic book that must be followed to the letter, then yes, I can see sticking to it for the purpose of completion (experience); but otherwise I see no issue treating twenty books like reference material, if it helps you accomplish something (experience).

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Not that I am willing to put in the work, as well as wanting to see these individually through to completion, but most of the "fluff", knowledge, or detail and figures are wonderful to behold and ponder, however sometimes you just want to get to a consecration ceremony for a pentacle or air dagger, or whatnot.
I do intend to study and know in depth Qabalah, Gematria, Geomancy, Astrology, Tarot, Alchemy, Sticks and Stones, etc.
But practically, while knowing enough of the subject material to use a buzzword or card, am convinced it can be done successfully.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I think it's really good to go down the rabbit holes all the way, learn about the subjects in depth and pondering on their meaning in history, for magick in general and of course - most important - for yourself. But when it comes to practice, I believe it is very important to have a focus on what you do for quite a while, depending on your goals and the kind of magick you do of course.

If you want to build a reliable basis for your magickal practice, you need to find the red thread in your work. This doesn't only mean focussing on the ritual, divination or whatever you are doing right in that moment, but also to look at the broader picture and to find out what connects the different subjects and all the stuff you're currently studying and researching, to your actual individual practical work.

This also means to stick to one practice for a while, to explore it and to find out whether it's working well for you or not, and if it works for you, to strengthen your abilities. Yet I don't think it's good to do exactly the same thing over and over again, when you get bored and it starts nauseating you. When you try to see how the things you do, read, ponder on and experience are connected to each other, when you try to feel what is right and wrong for you and when you listen carefully to your heart, you will find your well balanced path through the jungle of magick.

+lol+ well, my point of view. ;) 🍀

Diluculo_DelFuego

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
All comments and replies appreciated, it gives me more to think about.

My focus is at this point low magick - elemental magic, spell work, candle work; but am moving back into trying to invoke or evoke archangels, Shem angels and so on. Whether the results come from those methods, or guided meditations or path workings, even dreams, then so be it. My problem is rarely sleeping sound enough in order to dream, or even recall dreams within my first minute of waking. I have my pen and journal next to my pillow, but very little detail can be recalled. So I hope any astral teachings from angels are in memory somehow.
That is atm where I'm at.
My goal is to be a solid grey magician, a MHP magician. One that can be consulted with or hired to perform rituals or simply divination. To make and sell my own incense and oils and baths. To control all areas of my life effectively, leaving me more focused on the divine and communicating with them, or God himself. But also able to command the forces of hell in a necessary case.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
From my understanding

The lodges has formal initiations but the magician must also initiate himself or be accepted by the Sefirot or planetary sphere etc

The lodges have secrets they only share with those they trust.

Silsebyl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The lodges has formal initiations but the magician must also initiate himself or be accepted by the Sefirot or planetary sphere etc

The lodges have secrets they only share with those they trust.

Yeah, the lodges have their secrets. But then, these secrets aren't so very secret as they pretend they are. And not half as exciting as they pretend they are. :LOL:

When you walk the roads of magick for some years you'll find out these things on your own. No need to be member of any lodge.

Mider2009

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Yeah, the lodges have their secrets. But then, these secrets aren't so very secret as they pretend they are. And not half as exciting as they pretend they are. :LOL:

When you walk the roads of magick for some years you'll find out these things on your own. No need to be member of any lodge.
I think the info is nearly knowledge that helps one expand your mind

its not per say some magic words that have special powers though