• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] How do you do past life regression and what the fuck am I repressing?

Someone's asking for help!

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I really need to know what the hell I am repressing in my previous life, that is leading to severe mental and emotional issues. Does anyone have any good workings for past life regression?

I'll probably take it with a grain of salt, but if anyone can scan or read previous lives over the internet and help give me somewhere to start. My intuition said that my previous life was in Nazi Germany. Like I said, I'm relying on intuition, but if I could just like get what I need to get because it feels like it's blocked and not getting anywhere trying to comprehend it, then it would help me out a lot.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
First and foremost, always seek professional help to get mundane reasons out of the way.
As for past life regressions I tend to take those with a grain of salt because most people that talk about them always tend to talk of themselves like they were one of the "great figures" of the past, or someone of relative status, rarely a regular person.

The most common method used as far as I've seen is through hypnosis, but I don't know how reliable it is.I could maybe advice you to also give at try at seeking help from the Spiritists as they seem to somewhat be able to find those out for others when it comes to helping them deal with their current life's issues.

On your own I don't know what can be done, specially since our own biases might end up influencing us when trying to find out.I guess you could try seeking the answers in your unconscious through meditation or by dealing with your dreams.On the other hand you could also try to think of this past life of yours and keep writing whatever words come to your mind to see if there might be a pattern of thought there or something that might shine a light on it.

In the end there is no hard set way to find out.You will have your biases, the ones helping you will have their own biases as well and no method is 100% infallible.Better start grabbing some history books too to learn more about the events, the people and the places(see if something might "feel familiar") and maybe this might "trigger your past life's memories", but that is a shot in the dark.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
First and foremost, always seek professional help to get mundane reasons out of the way.
As for past life regressions I tend to take those with a grain of salt because most people that talk about them always tend to talk of themselves like they were one of the "great figures" of the past, or someone of relative status, rarely a regular person.

The most common method used as far as I've seen is through hypnosis, but I don't know how reliable it is.I could maybe advice you to also give at try at seeking help from the Spiritists as they seem to somewhat be able to find those out for others when it comes to helping them deal with their current life's issues.

On your own I don't know what can be done, specially since our own biases might end up influencing us when trying to find out.I guess you could try seeking the answers in your unconscious through meditation or by dealing with your dreams.On the other hand you could also try to think of this past life of yours and keep writing whatever words come to your mind to see if there might be a pattern of thought there or something that might shine a light on it.

In the end there is no hard set way to find out.You will have your biases, the ones helping you will have their own biases as well and no method is 100% infallible.Better start grabbing some history books too to learn more about the events, the people and the places(see if something might "feel familiar") and maybe this might "trigger your past life's memories", but that is a shot in the dark.

I was doing some work with Raziel, he told me to quiet my mind. At first, I was having the "Hitler" intuions which I dismissed because I clearly wasn't Hitler. I asked him, using divination and I received flashes of the camps, the one in Poland, probably just a guard.

If I can't access it, it's locked for a good reason.

Part of the issue with these things is that you never know if real or if you mind is inventing pieces to try to fit the puzzle together.
Post automatically merged:

I was doing some work with Raziel, he told me to quiet my mind. At first, I was having the "Hitler" intuions which I dismissed because I clearly wasn't Hitler. I asked him, using divination and I received flashes of the camps, the one in Poland, probably just a guard.

If I can't access it, it's locked for a good reason.

Part of the issue with these things is that you never know if real or if you mind is inventing pieces to try to fit the puzzle together.
I suppose it's statistically more likely that I died at the camp, rather than working at it.

If elements in this life reflect elements of my past life, then I was a nazi, I didn't die in the camp. When I was living with my abusive father (He's not a bad person), he was screaming at me, his eyes went blank, he started staring off into space and he said out of the blue as if he was possessed "You must have been a nazi in a past life". I've been in situations where I have little control because I was probably dominating, but that karma isn't really serving me.

I know it's repressed for a reason, but that karma I have to deal with and work through.

I have no idea why that previous memory about my father just came up, but it didn't feel intuitively right to say that I died at the camps.

You know what.

On other thought, I don't even know why this matters. I'm clearly not a native, and I'm not going to take on the karma of a nazi death camp guard.

If I shed that identity, do I shed the karma along with it. From all I know the identity was formed by my own mind by recognizing their was a void in thar area and trying to fill the void.

Last edited:

Promise

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I really need to know what the hell I am repressing in my previous life, that is leading to severe mental and emotional issues. Does anyone have any good workings for past life regression?

I'll probably take it with a grain of salt, but if anyone can scan or read previous lives over the internet and help give me somewhere to start. My intuition said that my previous life was in Nazi Germany. Like I said, I'm relying on intuition, but if I could just like get what I need to get because it feels like it's blocked and not getting anywhere trying to comprehend it, then it would help me out a lot.
So, I like to ask people that are focused on the immediately prior lifetime, "Did you have a past life prior to that?", and, "How far back could you have had prior lifetimes?" If you hadn't thought about it that way before it can rather boggle the mind a bit.

Now, about that concept of "repressing". If it's there repressing is an active process that you are engaged in, if only subconsciously.

However, consider that VERY few people have much, if any, recall of any past life. So, most of us are "repressing". Either that OR it's just the way it's set up.

What makes you think that you are repressing vs that in some way those memories are not inherently easy to access?

I kind of gave a barrage of questions there, which I hope are useful, and actually, I would imagine they may be new to you.

What I've found for myself is that negative emotional "energy" tends play a huge role in what I can access. Let's say for instance that a person happens to have had a rough few years from 8 to 12, with a lot of "stuff", which still stings to this day. So, they already know all about that, but it sucks, so they generally try to avoid thinking about. But if they could find out what they were up in the during name a decade or century that would be super cool. Fair enough. However, what might tend to happen is the stuff from this lifetime ages 8 to 12 will sort of suck your attention as you start to look back, and make it hard to get much before that. It's not to say that it's not possible, because it definitely is, just that as we start to look back we can bump to consciously wanting to avoid - from this example 8 to 12, but subconsciously wanting to have you look there to resolve it.

So, one approach is to resolve all the stuff from this lifetime. Once that is all complete, and I couldn't really tell from your post - maybe most or even all of it already is complete. Most people can't say that though. Once the memories from this lifetime are basically resolved, past lives become much more accessible.

Also, 1940's could have been your prior life, or it could have 3 or 4 lifetimes ago. I'm not doing this via some intuitive reading or anything, just logically, it's possible.

Another more direct approach:
1) To take some ordinary everyday basic thing, like washing, or eating, etc. and remember the last time you did that, remember it in detail, maybe tell it out loud like you are telling a story to someone.
2) Look for / feel for / as your deep mind for the earliest memory that you can find where you did that? Remember it in detail, tell it like telling a story.
3) Then feel / look / ask for a similar memory that happened before that. Remember in detail. Say it like telling a story, just as above.
4) Repeat step 3 over and over, sort of following the "chain of events" to just coin a term, and you may find that as you go earlier and earlier, that suddenly you are remembering something pre-this lifetime. Or, if nothing else, you will likely remember some interesting things that you hadn't thought about for a while.

There are some other techniques for discovering past lives I might have a chance to share in the future. Apologies, though, as I don't personally at this point in my magickal journey have magick for doing past lives, just mundane techniques. Sounded like from your post you have more interest in a more magickal approach, which does sound pretty cool. Hopefully we will both learn about more possibilities.

All the best,
Promise.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
So, I like to ask people that are focused on the immediately prior lifetime, "Did you have a past life prior to that?", and, "How far back could you have had prior lifetimes?" If you hadn't thought about it that way before it can rather boggle the mind a bit.

Now, about that concept of "repressing". If it's there repressing is an active process that you are engaged in, if only subconsciously.

However, consider that VERY few people have much, if any, recall of any past life. So, most of us are "repressing". Either that OR it's just the way it's set up.

What makes you think that you are repressing vs that in some way those memories are not inherently easy to access?

I kind of gave a barrage of questions there, which I hope are useful, and actually, I would imagine they may be new to you.

What I've found for myself is that negative emotional "energy" tends play a huge role in what I can access. Let's say for instance that a person happens to have had a rough few years from 8 to 12, with a lot of "stuff", which still stings to this day. So, they already know all about that, but it sucks, so they generally try to avoid thinking about. But if they could find out what they were up in the during name a decade or century that would be super cool. Fair enough. However, what might tend to happen is the stuff from this lifetime ages 8 to 12 will sort of suck your attention as you start to look back, and make it hard to get much before that. It's not to say that it's not possible, because it definitely is, just that as we start to look back we can bump to consciously wanting to avoid - from this example 8 to 12, but subconsciously wanting to have you look there to resolve it.

So, one approach is to resolve all the stuff from this lifetime. Once that is all complete, and I couldn't really tell from your post - maybe most or even all of it already is complete. Most people can't say that though. Once the memories from this lifetime are basically resolved, past lives become much more accessible.

Also, 1940's could have been your prior life, or it could have 3 or 4 lifetimes ago. I'm not doing this via some intuitive reading or anything, just logically, it's possible.

Another more direct approach:
1) To take some ordinary everyday basic thing, like washing, or eating, etc. and remember the last time you did that, remember it in detail, maybe tell it out loud like you are telling a story to someone.
2) Look for / feel for / as your deep mind for the earliest memory that you can find where you did that? Remember it in detail, tell it like telling a story.
3) Then feel / look / ask for a similar memory that happened before that. Remember in detail. Say it like telling a story, just as above.
4) Repeat step 3 over and over, sort of following the "chain of events" to just coin a term, and you may find that as you go earlier and earlier, that suddenly you are remembering something pre-this lifetime. Or, if nothing else, you will likely remember some interesting things that you hadn't thought about for a while.

There are some other techniques for discovering past lives I might have a chance to share in the future. Apologies, though, as I don't personally at this point in my magickal journey have magick for doing past lives, just mundane techniques. Sounded like from your post you have more interest in a more magickal approach, which does sound pretty cool. Hopefully we will both learn about more possibilities.

All the best,
Promise.

I'm probably using past life regression to avoid the problems in this life. I kind of have severe refractory depression with an onset in early childhood (I was suicidal at the age of 7) which suggests a genetic etiology unlike moderate transitory depression. I have issues with Norepinephrine, which causes issues with my cognitive abilities. I had a really dysfunctional family which didn't know how to handle their emotions or communicate.

I clearly probably wasn't a nazi, but what I have to ask instead is why does that theme come up, is it repressed guilt? Over what? I guess when looking from the lens of someone who may be emotionally stuck at a younger level or age, then mundane things can seem exaggerated.

I know where the cognitive flaw comes from.

I'm not trying to be dramatic or anything, but internally I am suffering. I'm strong enough to handle it, I've just repressed a lot of shit due to severe treatment resistant depression.

I've been depressed for so long with such a high severity that I must have developed the belief "I must have done something really horrible to do something to deserve this", I've dissociated in the past and repressed it, but I kind of quit feeling anything and just became numb to everything.

Last edited:

Promise

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Well, maybe your avoiding and maybe you are looking for the root cause(s) that predisposed the current life stuff, and maybe both. Many times things only resolve in this lifetime when we resolve the past life / geneaological roots.

It's not wrong or bad to look at past lives before cleaning up everything in this lifetime, it's just that it may not be as easy to access. If you find a past life event where you decided something limiting that still affected you to this day, that kind of frame will tend to make it easier to access than if you are looking for Nazis. BTW - Nearly everybody alive in the late 30's and 40's would have had some Nazi or Hitler influence. It affected the whole world pretty much.

This is actually the way I prefer to do such things. 1) What is a specific emotion or belief that you experience that you would like to work on?
2) Ask your deep mind or high self or both, "What is the root cause - source event, which when emotionally balanced or neutral will cause ____ disappear as having been an issue for you? If you were to know was it before, during, or after your birth?

If before - Was it in the womb or before? If in the womb, what month?
If before - Was it a past life or passed down genealogically?
If past life - How many lifetimes ago?
If genealogical - how many generations back did it start?

Hope that helps,

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
1) What is a specific emotion or belief that you experience that you would like to work on?

I've thought about this, "I am unworthy of love".

Number 2, I really don't know. I was whammied by all factors for severe treatment resistant depression. Genetic, I had a rare orphan disease as a child called Mastocytosis which is associated with depression in adulthood probably due to the mast cell growth factor mutation being on a similar gene to one that plays a role in depression. I must have died believing that I was unworthy of love and it created an impression.

On top of that, my mother also had Borderline Personality Disorder and was an alcoholic and I experienced 2 different episodes of parental abandonment from both parents during my childhood. I kind of grew up in this life believing I was unworthy of love.

I'm not sure other than that.

Promise

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for your openness.

So, at this point given that this forum isn't a very good way to do resolve such things, I would highly recommend EFT to you. A few days ago I uploaded the EFT Manual in the library. You just have to read enough of it to fully understand the basic theory, and the basic recipe. Then you can start immediately addressing it to such things as posted prior, "I am unworthy of love" .... would become in an EFT starter phrase "Even if I'm unworthy of love, I deeply and completely accept myself." ... while tapping the first point. Apply a few rounds of the basic recipe and notice what happens.

Book – PDF - EFT Manual by Gary Craig

You could take each of the ideas you expressed above and address them each with a few rounds of EFT. I would suggest as separate topics something like this list as a good place to start, add or adjust or even delete from this as you see fit:

BE SURE to get a suds (0 - 10 intensity in the now) ranking before starting a topic and after each round If something a negative intensity greater than 0 it's worth handling. You deserve that.
  • I am unworthy of love
  • I really don't know
  • I was whammied by all factors
  • depression
  • severe treatment resistant depression.
  • I had a rare orphan disease as a child
  • Mastocytosis
  • depression in adulthood
  • I grew up believing I was unworthy of love
  • my mother has borderline personality disorder.
  • my mother was an alcholic
  • I experienced 2 episodes of parental abondonment
  • both of my parents abandoned me
  • I'm not sure other than that

I made the above list to give you an idea of things you could use for starter topics. Given your descriptions you will probably have a lot of "aspects" and specific memories and emotions that you'll want to work through as well. Additionally, I'll draw your attention to a process in the book called the Personal Peace Procedure that I think you could greatly benefit from as well.

Wishing you all the best :)

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
Thank you, I downloaded this now, and I'll definately do this.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
The only intuitions I have had regarding past lives are memories and personality traits of early childhood. These are not memories from a prior life, but I look at them as indicators of the kind of person I was, perhaps prior to death. Memories, even in this life, aren't perceived with the clarity I would like, and I have always prided myself with the fact that I can recall vignettes of events as far back as two years of age. It is not uncommon for people to say they have no memories of events prior to five years of age. Rare indeed is the individual who can recall times, places, and events of any moment in their life with ease. I had a strong desire to have a photographic memory around twelve years of age. There was a booklet promising such a skill in the back of a magazine (several decades ago), and I used my allowance to send off for it. It described what I know now as a potential method of accessing the Akashic record via relaxation and visualization. I didn't realize it at the time, but that was my first brush with the occult in this life. It didn't really go anywhere at the time even though I dutifully used the relaxation techniques. Yes, I was a rather odd boy.

One psychologist of the 20th century who had been involved in a lot of animal research became a father, and he was surprised to note how each of his children came with a different personality. It was not something that developed. It simply was what they were born with. This fact pretty much blows the whole nature vs nurture argument out of the water in my opinion. Well, sure, the new life one gets will become a mould which shapes the personality to some extent, but we are not just robots out of a factory with software.

But what all these figures had in common was an intuitive rejection of crude S-R theory and its assumptions. They share the recognition that creative human behaviour is a function of the higher nervous system, and cannot be explained in terms of laboratory rats or Pavlov dogs. Maslow himself remarks that the experience of becoming a father was an important factor in changing his mind from the old behaviourism. ‘All the behaviouristic psychology that I’d learnt simply didn’t prepare me for having a child. A baby was so miraculous and so wonderful and so. . . er, aesthetic. . . and all the work with rats and with nonsense syllables{33} and so on just didn’t help at all.’ He was also struck by another thing that has been observed by millions of parents—the totally different personalities of his two children, which seems to contradict the behaviourist notion that human personality is a series of responses created by conditioning. This brings to mind William MacDougall’s challenge to the behaviourists to explain what happens at a symphony concert, when ‘a man. . . scraping the guts of a cat with hairs from the tail of a horse’ can produce rapt attention followed by wild applause. Scientists may find S-R theory adequate to explain laboratory observations, but it is immediately contradicted by experiences shared by every human being. - New Pathways in Psychology, Colin Wilson​

I'm not sure how much of Francisco Xavier's work to take without a grain of salt, but perhaps there may be cultural egregores at work which force degrees of amnesia upon populations. I enjoyed reading Guy Playfair's The Indefinite Boundary, and his work in Brazil suggests that its cultural egregore is more open to the spirit world. His book contains accounts which suggest a strong possibility of reincarnation.