• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How does one move from Golden Dawn to Solomonic Magic?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
One can watch on the proponent of method if he's balanced and has good life.
Certainly. All the OTO biographies I read seemed to me to be tragedies.

Is it possible to do remote energy tests on a magical system?
Post automatically merged:

What might be the principles for such tests?

Too hard?

Last edited:

Caliban

Neophyte
Reaction score
Are they two distinct separate paths?
How does one begin on the path of Solomonic Magic?
Do you stay on the Right Hand Path doing so?

I am currently a Zelator and aspire to climb the ranks of the Outer Order and the Inner Order. To know in order to serve.

My point ... It seems that it would be the next logical step, after mastering the Golden Dawn system of Magic, if I can before I pass away from this time and space / this Earth.
The Outer Order, up to the Portal Grade, teaches magical theory. The RR & AC teaches spiritual attainment (Adeptus Minor 5 = 6) and then magical practice (Adeptus Major 6 = 5). This mirrors the stages of the work outlined in the Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage.

Once you have your Adeptus Minor attainment. aligning with your higher Genius or HGA or Augoieides or Socratic Daimon or whatever you like to call it, you are good to go. You open your temple, and you perform the working with the colors and names and gestures of the planet or sign involved, then wrap your talismans or what have you so that they aren't negated when you close the temple.

Study the GD ceremonies for consecrating the tools. Study the Greater Ritual of the Pentagram and the Greater Ritual of the Hexagram until you understand them. It's all right there. Consecrations are just intitiations performed on prepared materia.

Reaction score
Awards
Certainly. All the OTO biographies I read seemed to me to be tragedies.

Too hard?
Magick in theory (reading, understand8ng what has been read) and practice (application of theory peading to wisdom).

The Outer Order, up to the Portal Grade, teaches magical theory. The RR & AC teaches spiritual attainment (Adeptus Minor 5 = 6) and then magical practice (Adeptus Major 6 = 5). This mirrors the stages of the work outlined in the Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage.

Once you have your Adeptus Minor attainment. aligning with your higher Genius or HGA or Augoieides or Socratic Daimon or whatever you like to call it, you are good to go. You open your temple, and you perform the working with the colors and names and gestures of the planet or sign involved, then wrap your talismans or what have you so that they aren't negated when you close the temple.

Study the GD ceremonies for consecrating the tools. Study the Greater Ritual of the Pentagram and the Greater Ritual of the Hexagram until you understand them. It's all right there. Consecrations are just intitiations performed on prepared materia.
Appreciate the answers. Very informative and motivational :)