• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How It Really Happened (occult humor)

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
The phone is ringing....
A man picks up the receiver. “Hello?”

A slight hiss and a crackle, then an otherworldly voice is heard, “Yes, hello. May I speak with Aleister Crowley?”

“This is he. What can I do for you?”

A mysterious pause, and the voice resumes, “Tzaddi is not the Star.”

The man’s face lights up as it dawns on him that the voice has a good point. “Why yes! You are quite correct! It never made sense to me having The Star on that particular path. I think I’ll put The Emperor there instead.”

We sense the voice on the phone hesitate before it replies to The Beast, “That’s not quite what I meant...”

The man, now so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he no longer pays any attention to the voice on the phone, interrupts, “Just wait until I put this one out into the occult world!”

The voice on the phone tries to get a word in edge wise, “You see, the Golden Dawn got it all wrong when they put the Fool at...”

Crowley, now pretty much talking to himself, “And that know-it-all Waite, just ‘waite’ until he finds out about this!”

The voice, seems to be fading into a crackle and hiss as it continues, “... The Magician always went in path 11, so you English occultists shifted everything with that change...”

Crowley isn’t hearing the voice on the phone anymore as he set the receiver down to look for a pen and pad to write down his ‘revelation.’
The voice has faded, barely audible over the hiss, “... and if you all hadn’t made that change, Tzaddi would still be The Moon...” ;)

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
But who was phone?
While this was long before caller ID, the reports indicate it was the Sky Goddess Nuit. ☎️:alien:

But seriously, in my continuing study of the Tarot (de Marseilles), including the Kabbalah & Tree of Life, my research constantly brings up the Rider-Waite deck and Golden Dawn associations. I'm sticking to Eliphas Levi's and Mouni Sadhu's books, since I feel that information is more 'correct' for me. Finding a Tree of Life diagram on the internet using pre-Golden Dawn paths can be rather difficult. I drew my own Tree of Life. A bit of frustration on my part lead to this imaginary scene that I made up.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
hi hi, i like it kjeno. my question was who is the one with the lisp?
it makes me wonder if Nuit was the first goddess with it and the translators typed it out and thereby created dyslexia. makes me wish i still had the voice recordings of crowly. he made a few and one was like listening to housemusic.

can i ask how you drew your Tree? im quite 3d in my understandings, so for me it was the logic thing to use my body as Tree. i often doubt if what i do is wise, cause often i run the other way and jiggle.(my family line is a bunch of feminists that, by reading your list of books is yelling in my ear fuck woman you can do better then those male writers. ;) )

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
can i ask how you drew your Tree?
I would take a photo, but it's a rough draft in pencil so far, subject to possible changes. The layout is typical, as found in most Kabbalistic Tree of Life illustrations. Mine uses the Marseilles style deck assignments (Conver, Wirth, Knapp-Hall) where The Magician is Aleph on path 11, and The Fool is Shin on path 31. Everything else fits linearly within those assignments on the Tree. I personally feel this is better for me than the "English" Tarot which is only ~113 years old now and the equally 'recent' changes made by the Golden Dawn to Major Arcana placements on the Tree of Life. The vast majority of Tarot decks these days are based on Rider-Waite with new illustrations. A lot of them are quite nice, artistically speaking.

I'm very agreeable to people using whatever works for them, but the sheer volume of people parroting the exact same Golden Dawn (and to a lesser extent, Crowley) attributions on the internet does make me wonder why it is that way. Is it because "newer is better"? That's a fallacy to be sure, and one can likewise argue that the Golden Dawn appealed to people's love of antiquity ("older is better") with all of their references to Egypt. It looks to me like successful marketing.

Or are people simply ignorant that both Tarot and Kabbalah predated the Golden Dawn by centuries? Of course, Tarot didn't come directly from Sepher Yetzirah, just as honey bees didn't come from flowering plants. But we all know they work together even if we don't understand everything about them. It's better for magicians to study the source materials and devise tools for their own unique understanding than to simply take what is almost too easily presented on the internet as "facts."
Post automatically merged:

my family line is a bunch of feminists
The traditional Tarot gives women all the best cards. :)

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
hihi, thanks. i was researching spanish cards and then i, well, something about goats and moslems... and i ended in the male lane and i had to prove i own a black cat. shes called minime and shes black. i hope that proves it.

the traditional tarot is easier to work with indeed. still i love my o9a cards best to cut cords.