• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] How to imbue/charge magic tools/weapons with supernatural power?

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
I have a serpentine shaped staff, will likely buy a bo stick from a local martial arts shop, as well as a cup from the Halloween store.
Once all these items are procured, how to imbue or charge them with supernatural Power?

Reaction score
Awards
I currently have a lower arm and hand long wand au natural, a silver water bottle, an earthen palm sized stone, and a plastic handle pumpkin carving knife as a dagger. A silverware wood chest as altar.
I want them charged, so if I say "come up upon the mountain, the celestial waters shall flow at my word."

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
To me, it always comes down to the Strange Mood.

Meditate on what it is you seek the tool for, ask yourself what actual work you can do to cement it to that purpose, and then do that once the need to act crystalizes in you.

A staff that you intend on using as a weapon? Practice your martial arts with it, moving first with your body and then directing the force into the object.

A staff that you intend to use as an object of self-mastery? Walk with it, every day on long walks through the paths of nature which call to you, until your shoes wear thin. Every day, look on it and cherish it for what it is and what it means to you. Write upon it lessons you have learned which you have occasion to forget. Embellish it and decorate it such that those around you compliment your work in good faith.

You can do all you like as pertains to blessing things and purifying them and imbuing them and so on, but nothing beats a slow and quiet approach to building up one's magic.

Occasionally, this will then overflow into a strange mood wherein you will see a way to utterly transform the tool into an object of power.

It's kind of like the difference between quick-charging your phone and trickle-charging it. You get more battery life and charge out of the trickle.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I have a short energy sword that I store inside a physical sword that I would sometimes use in Freemasonry.

Several people have been able to detect the length of the energy sword within the physical sword.

As I recall I was given/shown the energy sword in meditation

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
A staff that you intend on using as a weapon?

"When a magician confronts you without weapons and you see in his eyes that you are not the target, then you are the weapon."

-- Öwnchef, "Nailstorm, A Practical Handbook for Modern Combat-Magick"

"If I retreat, I attack. If I miss, I hit."

-- Öwnchef, "Hover Hammer, Another Practical Handbook for Modern Combat-Magick"

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I seem to recall two types of magical/energy swords.

One type is shown and the energy does the work.

The other type of energy sword is used to penetrate, but it is said to penetrate the user as well as the target - so that the user must be pure to avoid self-damage.

Long ago on Glastonbury Tor, using a light sword on the time bubble, as I raised the sword, another hand came over mine and the sword became a meat cleaver. Perhaps I was protected.

Jarhyn

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
A staff that you intend to use as an object of self-mastery? Walk with it, every day on long walks through the paths of nature which call to you, until your shoes wear thin. Every day, look on it and cherish it for what it is and what it means to you. Write upon it lessons you have learned which you have occasion to forget. Embellish it and decorate it such that those around you compliment your work in good faith
You can do this with people too, so long as they consent to do walk with you and have your lessons taught to them. But let them catch the compliments.

Reaction score
Awards
To me, it always comes down to the Strange Mood.

Meditate on what it is you seek the tool for, ask yourself what actual work you can do to cement it to that purpose, and then do that once the need to act crystalizes in you.

A staff that you intend on using as a weapon? Practice your martial arts with it, moving first with your body and then directing the force into the object.

A staff that you intend to use as an object of self-mastery? Walk with it, every day on long walks through the paths of nature which call to you, until your shoes wear thin. Every day, look on it and cherish it for what it is and what it means to you. Write upon it lessons you have learned which you have occasion to forget. Embellish it and decorate it such that those around you compliment your work in good faith.

You can do all you like as pertains to blessing things and purifying them and imbuing them and so on, but nothing beats a slow and quiet approach to building up one's magic.

Occasionally, this will then overflow into a strange mood wherein you will see a way to utterly transform the tool into an object of power.

It's kind of like the difference between quick-charging your phone and trickle-charging it. You get more battery life and charge out of the trickle.
Will work on this tonight as well as circulation of light energy into wand and staff.

Reaction score
Awards
I seem to recall two types of magical/energy swords.

One type is shown and the energy does the work.

The other type of energy sword is used to penetrate, but it is said to penetrate the user as well as the target - so that the user must be pure to avoid self-damage.

Long ago on Glastonbury Tor, using a light sword on the time bubble, as I raised the sword, another hand came over mine and the sword became a meat cleaver. Perhaps I was protected.
And how would a Neophyte or Zelator accomplish this?

Öwnchef

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
It may be better to think in terms of what bodies the would-be magician controls: physical, emotional, mental, heart

Few humans can control their thoughts, but an increasing proportion is learning to control emotional energies
Few can behave, you are right. Then again it is very important that you can get upset and angry for self defense. Never give that up.

Reaction score
Awards
I have a serpentine shaped staff, will likely buy a bo stick from a local martial arts shop, as well as a cup from the Halloween store.
Once all these items are procured, how to imbue or charge them with supernatural Power?
I believe it was a regular like Yazata that posted about enchanting items,
Mystery solved.