• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

How useful is astral projection really?

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I have to admit, I can't Astral Project. Have I had OBEs such as dreams where I felt paralyzed and felt like I was moving through molasses in my bedroom?
Yeah, but I really can't Astral Project and I really don't care about it, because I figure that everything that I would have been able to do through Astral Projection or learn, I could learn in between lives and it would have been easier if I was meant to learn how to Astral Project on my path.

How useful is astral projection really? Couldn't you just learn everything in-between lives.

Robert Ramsay

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
The first part sounds like sleep paralysis, where basically your mind kinda wakes up but your body doesn't.

I'll leave it to the experts to talk about astral projection.

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Have I had OBEs such as dreams where I felt paralyzed and felt like I was moving through molasses in my bedroom?
I can confirm the 'moving like molasses in my bedroom' aspect. It has never gotten further than this. I do count this as OOBE because my dreams are never about real places. Having useful Astral Projection would require more than dream consciousness, however, and for me at least it seems that vivid dreams and lucidity come more often with physical illness.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I have a long time. Since I've Astral Projected or had an OBE. Unfortunately, I can't Astral Project, unless The Universe or God allows me to. However, based on my experiences with Astral Projection, I Love it. I desire to have more OBE's but for now I stay grounded. Whenever The Universe decides to give me a hand on that, I will be more than happy. Until then, I will remain put and grounded.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I managed one honest to gods astral projection. It was very vivid, but nothing of consequence happened. The few entities that were there were no more interesting than the neighbors. I have had a couple of injury-related OBE's. Both could be verified by events I saw taking place while unconscious. But what this "proves" is nothing very much.

Wildchildx11

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards
I managed one honest to gods astral projection. It was very vivid, but nothing of consequence happened. The few entities that were there were no more interesting than the neighbors. I have had a couple of injury-related OBE's. Both could be verified by events I saw taking place while unconscious. But what this "proves" is nothing very much.
It feels like it's a lot of work for often very little information. I know that a lot of powers and senses are a sort of trap because they may occur, but they can get you sort of stuck.

I'm not focusing on Astral projection at all on my path.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
How useful is astral projection really?
As useful as you make it be, just how it is with many things in life.

It can be a way to go places your physical body can't go, you can also fly.Outside that I think it depends on how you use it.

Usefulness is something subjective that varies from person to person.

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I wouldn’t say it say it proves nothing.

I’d say it clearly demonstrates that Consciousness is not tied to the physical body.

In waking life it seems that way though.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I'm very skeptic
I have to admit, I can't Astral Project. Have I had OBEs such as dreams where I felt paralyzed and felt like I was moving through molasses in my bedroom?
Yeah, but I really can't Astral Project and I really don't care about it, because I figure that everything that I would have been able to do through Astral Projection or learn, I could learn in between lives and it would have been easier if I was meant to learn how to Astral Project on my path.

How useful is astral projection really? Couldn't you just learn everything in-between lives.

There are more magical paths/techniques to learn about than you could get through in a lifetime. I strongly believe in not bothering with something you're not excited about.* The opportunity cost is too high. Sure, astral projection probably has some usefulness. But while you're grinding away at that, there's some other, equally useful but more fun thing that you're not learning.

*unless it's a necessary stepping stone to something you ARE excited about, eg visualising basic shapes or w/e

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I wouldn’t say it say it proves nothing.

I’d say it clearly demonstrates that Consciousness is not tied to the physical body.

In waking life it seems that way though.
In the milieu of this forum, I meant, my experience was nothing very significant. Most folks here are down with consciousness not being tied to the body. (Though Graham Greene has a brilliant story where a man "returned from the dead" sets out to prove the immortality of the soul, but it turns out that "survival" is only for a few days till that entity degenerates "into gibbering idiocy.")