• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Book Club Hyatt, M.D. - "Israel Regardie and the Philosophers Stone"

A communal reading and discussion exercise for a particular book/series.
Reaction score
Awards
If anyone cares to discuss and read along, the more the merrier. Im already into Chapter Two, and the general gist is this: Israel Regardie and Christopher were friends but Hyatt was his Psycho-Therapist, and Regardie was also friends with Frater Albertus and spent time in Salt Lake City to be a dorm resident and student of Frater Albertus at the Paracelcus Research Center.
I will be re-reading because there are some parts I must have skimmed over rather than my own words being eaten at the moment, to digest every word of a book you read, not necessarily to wet yourself about a book, but to treat every book on magic in any way or witchcraft etc, as a grimoire. Many are and most miss it.
Post automatically merged:

Israel Regardie was around 35 (1933-1968) when he joined the PRC, as a means to discover what he had as a hunch, that the old theoretical documents will only take you so far in a static way, and to uncover the real secrets, he needed to visit the PRC. To use laboratory alchemy experimentation and study. Due to the neater of the PRC, he was a live-in dorm student on campus, the way Frater Albertus prefers it.
Regardie viewed most alchemical writings mystical hogwash, perhaps some true keys there, and here in between the lines and from the drawings, leading to an idea something was there but needed individual study of it.
Regardie later met with a friend known as Christopher Hyatt, and reviewed his pleased and displeased answers to certain questions. Apparently there was a falling out not only with Crowley but with Albertus as well.
We shall see.

I am still on this, have nor forgotten about this. I am in a period of change and transformation, and again faced with what to lose.

Will be writing on chapters one and two today after reading.

Last edited: