• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Tutorial] Hymn to the Rememberance of Cthulhu

Informative post.
This hymn is intended to be a general call to spirits and gods worshiped in the ancient past whose names and rites are no longer remembered. This is based on a bit of UPG regarding Lovecraft and the Old Ones that holds Cthulhu stands in for all old gods and spirits whose rites and names have been forgotten similar to how Anima Sola stands in for the forgotten dead. Combine with offerings and see what happens.

Hymn to the Remembrance of Cthulhu:

Spirit of the stars remember
Spirit of the deeps remember
Spirit of dreams remember

Hear me starborn one and remember as I remember you
Hear me slumbering one and remember as I remember you
Hear me dreaming one and remember as I remember you

Remember as I remember your words
Ia Ia Cthulhu fhtagn
Remember as I remember their meaning
Ia Ia Cthulhu fhtagn
Remember as the winds remember
Ia Ia Cthulhu fhtagn
Remember as the ancient stones remember
Ia Ia Cthulhu fhtagn

King of the sunken city, priest of the dead gods, howler, wailer, dreamer, serpent of the waters, dread Cthulhu sing the hymns of Yog-Sothoth, of Hastur, of Nyarlethotep, of Shub-Niggurath, of Dagon, of Typhon, of Azathoth, of Asag-Sheddu, and of all forgotten gods of our forgotten ancestors as I sing your hymns and mantras

Ph’nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Ia Ia Cthulhu fhtagn

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I like it. It's simple and direct an conjures the right imagery.
My only regret on my part is that I don't think I could perform it properly since I feel that "Cthulu fhtagn" can only be pronounced correctly if the magician has nine tongues and gills in his neck.
It's a confidence issue that I'll have to work on that in my fishier moods.

Thanks for sharing!