• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] I have few books to scan, but...

Someone's asking for help!

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
I hope I post this in correct part of the forum, but feels as the best place. I have few books in library, that are not online, however I don't know what to do with it after taking photos of pages. I would appreciate if there was someone to whom I could send the photos to be converted and possibly adapted into pdf files and uploading them.
Anyone willing to help, please?

Reaction score
Awards
If you have a scanner and can get the books flush n flat, most have the option to convert to PDF in real time while scanning. That'll make your life so much easier, provided your scanner isn't anal.

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Okay, so I scan and turn picture to pdf one by one. how do I then merge pdf files?

Morell

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
In that case I think I'm ready to start... in few days, a lot of shifts at work now.
Thanks a lot, friends, for your help.

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
You turn them into a pdf
For .PNG pictures
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

For .JPG pictures
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

If you're using your phone, the app Microsoft Lens will help you to scan and turn it into a PDF
Just wanted to say thanks for this tip. I was able to use this to do the OCR for a book that I scanned with CamScanner. Amazing scanner options, but the OCR process doesn't seem to work as advertised in the app and the app seems to really have a bad time with bigger files. PDF24 worked great for optimizing too. Another option that just didn't work in CamScanner. It said my file was optimized enough. lol.