• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] I need help getting a job and securing a job

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Since the year 2022, I've been trying to get a job. I always imagined and pre-planned what I would do after I get one so I can fit it to a schedule I also planned to make. I always imaged what it would be like and what the future of my career would be. But after knowing about Magick and needing to let it go for it to happen, I understand now that maybe me fantasizing about it has made my conscious get in the way of my subconscious. Although even then when I gave up on it and let it go, I have not gotten a job yet. I have had terrible luck with getting one, I tell them what's on my mind, I tell them what they want to hear, I show them my resume and I change just to fit their description. Some jobs didnt even require experience and I still didnt get it. When I started doing sigil magick, I made one that said "I find a job around my town and secure it" and during me meditating on that sigil for a while the circle around it started disappearing over and iver every 2-3 seconds I had my eyes and reappeared when I blinked. But also even when I blinked, it just disappeared again. Afte it was done I easily got distracted and forgot about it. I went to go walk around my town and went to a same store that told me before they weren't hiring, but a lady their said her brother was going to quit after he went to college so after that she told me leave my name, age, and phone number. I'm not sure when her brother would leave and I don't know if I should risk it on that job. It's convenient and close to my house so I'm not sure if I should keep waiting.

I also do go to apply for a job my dad offered me, I left an application to the new job I wanted to get and left my phone number. But when my dad they told him I didn't leave my phone number and forgot to put my social security. There was no where in that application where it said to leave my social security. I don't understand anymore, I've let it go, I've kept it off my mind, but should I keep persisting or wait more? Or has just typing and remembering this dwindled my chances even more?

I'm not sure if its bad luck since one time I chanted King Paimons enn during one of my runs just to maybe get his attention. But since I also had crosses in my house and now realize that might hurt him or threaten him, I think that might be another reason why. But I have been reading a book on Magickal Protection by Damon Brand, although I haven't yet got to the master protection ritual part yet and I've only been doing the sword protection ritual. I had made enemies in the past but I don't even know if they know about Magick.

I can't wait anymore just to be rejected and wait weeks or even months for a new job opportunity. Is there anyone who can tell me how I can possibly get a job more safely to secure it? Any methods or other alternatives? And also other possible things to increase my chances of getting that particular job?

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
All I know is the hard way, even with magic. Finding a job can be a full time job in itself, and that means being organized, constantly filling out applications and following up. If you don't hear from an employer after a week, call them and politely inquire if the position is available. You might have to keep calling. Sometimes showing you are serious is what does the trick.

Magic seals your motivation, can help you on the invisible side, but what makes the job hunt work, like your magic, is your Will. So focus on your Will to get it done, and, eventually, it will be done.

One method I've used is to wear colors corresponding to a god that I petitioned to help me get the right job. I also carried a talisman in my pocket, but when I was out on the quest I stayed focused on the task and let the invisible do its work without me paying attention. Treat each application as an offering in itself. The spirits respect effort.

Another thing that can make it work is to show your employer that you can be on time, won't call in, are always available and willing to do whatever they ask of you. Find ways to make yourself the "go-to guy" just by always saying yes, even if the job sucks. You have to be a hero here. Here your Will takes the form of endurance, but you can tell yourself that this job is just a stepping stone to the next, better job. You can work in one place and keep looking, focusing your magic patiently. But also build your work skills as if they were magical skills, and you will gain momentum.

My favorite personal mantra when both looking for a job and actually working it is: "Work hard, don't make waves, be more than you seem."

But even if it is a shit job - just a stepping stone - remember you are there to make money. Nothing more. Save your money too. Don't get a job only to blow your cash on useless stuff. The time for enjoyment will come, but until then you must endure and be patient. These are keys to magic as well.

Reaction score
Awards
the world of man is run with fear and greed, if you cannot offer an employer some benefit they will be uninterested, if you dont make them afraid not to hire you then they wont, if you make them think you are a valuable resource then they will fear you working for the competition, you must sell your self to them

the commodification of the worlds resources and the monetary system are designed to work outside of magic, business focuses on ideals built from material illusion, it is an energy system that relies on movement of earth instead of movement of thought, your conscious energy cannot affect the rules of business, only those individuals engaged in it, and even then they are bound to business ideals which are powerful magic of their own, you will not easily sway them to abandon those rules

i find it easier to aquire "stuff" rather than money, just make people give you what you need

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
just a stepping stone
This is very true, and one of the occasions where you actually can and need to look at it like that. If you get a shitty job / any job, then use that as motivation to get yourself out of that position into a better one. Prove to yourself and to any thing / being / god / demon / universe that you are using this precisely as such. As a stepping stone to get to where you want to be.