• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

I need help understanding about being respectful to spirits I plan to summon

Reaction score
I was reading a Gordon Winterfields book called "Demons of Magick", it was recommended to me by someone when I asked about summoning King Paimon. I'm starting to understand Magick a little bit more, so when I went search up some people's experiences with other demons one of them being Bune. They said not to draw a circle around there sigil or any triangles like in the Goeita. Saying how that meant you were trying to control them and it would not respond well with them. So what exactly would be better or should I stick to the same approach as in the book?

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
With some demons / spirits it can only be ensured you will get truthful answers and not taken advantage of if you use force, or at the very least show you have force. One should not necessarily go around manhandling every spirit because would you go above and beyond for someone who is forcing you to do something? "Speak softly but carry a big stick" is the best philosophy going into summoning IMO.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
There's an old school saying: "Do not call up what you can not put down."

I have not yet read Demons of Magick, but I do know from experience that you have to experiment with these things. There is a deeper science here that is very old. There are reasons for triangles, circles, rods, swords and conjurations, and all have a discipline behind them. Sure, you can tap into any spirit via the sigil quite easily. However, "what other people said" can be just the building blocks of delusion - but you won't know until you try.

If you are sincere and questioning, no spirit will take offense. Paimon and Bune are from the Solomon tradition. When Solomon was asked what he wanted in this world, he could have chosen riches, fame, sex, etc. - but chose Wisdom. That was the key to all else.