• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] If you, an Adept or higher had one journal

Someone's asking for help!
Reaction score
Awards
A leather bound journal, where your student was to keep a perfect journal, what would go in it?

I want to keep an additional journal used in every altar ritual with the lamp in front or hanging overhead.

Not a journal like the online one or similar offline journals I keep.
One I hope an archaeologist discovers intact.

It's lined, with a top bar including slashes for the date at top.
Blue teal and grey striped cover.
Ribbon marker stitched in.
286 lined pages.

What shall go in this magickal diary?

That separates it from the dream diary, ordinary ritual diary, magickal diary, and regular daily journal?

Reaction score
Awards
I taught a fellow seeker at one time the LBRP in a deserted area, and later a heart healing with shungite and tourmaline (two, one was an atheist taught the heart flame, the seeker not taught the heart flame). Both reported success in a less troubled heart, and the seeker said his anxiety lessened with use of the LBRP.
I've posted a spell to bring out the sun. I've observed success. Not sure on others success with it.

LostYeoman

Neophyte
Reaction score
I taught a fellow seeker at one time the LBRP in a deserted area, and later a heart healing with shungite and tourmaline (two, one was an atheist taught the heart flame, the seeker not taught the heart flame). Both reported success in a less troubled heart, and the seeker said his anxiety lessened with use of the LBRP.
I've posted a spell to bring out the sun. I've observed success. Not sure on others success with it.
That one be one excellent entry into your new journal.

The psychology of the human brain is always interesting to experience. Any practitioner can add their own flavour to a pre-existing current, but to be given insight into the alchemical process of a practitioner’s brain as they undergo physical and subjective experiences is far more of a luscious read.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
In my view the point of a journal is to record thoughts and inner experiences so that as you learn to control your mind you have the evidence of progress you have made.

Reaction score
Awards
What exactly is control of the mind? What major points would be apparent that a person has success in controlling their mind (not taking into account any disorders, abilities or temperament of the individual in question)?

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
The simplest test of self-control of mind is to stop all thoughts for 20 seconds - just sitting with awareness but no thoughts.

An important skill is recognizing which thoughts are self-generated and which are received/sent from outside. When an outside thought is recognized the next step is to evaluate the incoming thought for quality and intent

Reaction score
Awards
The simplest test of self-control of mind is to stop all thoughts for 20 seconds - just sitting with awareness but no thoughts.

An important skill is recognizing which thoughts are self-generated and which are received/sent from outside. When an outside thought is recognized the next step is to evaluate the incoming thought for quality and intent
I follow you now. I see it.
I know one aspect, is from meditation, as well as stillness and visualization, there is the intermediate step of batting away any and all distractions.
However, if a spirit, or the Spirit is trying to reach you, intent is a great point.

Reaction score
Awards
Perhaps a question is better suited to this topic, besides listing what works in your book, what would you exclude based on a students journal entries and questions content level around that time of review?