• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Imagination after the hiatus

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
One thing that suffers a lot after a long hiatus from the practice is definitely the imagination. The imagination used for Magick is a bit different than the one humans typically use. You know, I could ask you to imagine your favorite place or a scene from a movie. You wouldn't have a problem with that. However, that kind of imagination always feels like it exists somewhere else. The imagination used for Magick exists right before you, right before your eyes, or around your body. That's why the word visualization is often used to explain the concept a bit more correctly. What is also interesting, if you focus on the properly visualized image for long enough, this image will actually burn into your retina and cause an afterimage.

So, how to develop and strengthen this type of imagination? The best method I have found so far is the trataka meditation. Trataka is great for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, it's a focal meditation, allowing you to learn how to tame your thoughts. Secondly, it's fun. For example, even 5 minutes of void meditation can feel like an eternity when you start, trataka keeps being interesting and even 20 minutes feel like nothing.

Of course, you can use many images for trataka, you can even go the path of tattvas, as it was designed by the Golden Dawn, but my favorite is probably the symbol of Antahkarana, the ever-changing symbol. Since my way of doing things changed so much during the hiatus, I do not draw by hand anymore, so I have crafted a printable version because trataka via the computer display can strain your eyes a lot. Try it out yourself and let me know.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the post! I painted some elemental tattvas for meditation purposes in oil on small canvas boards. I may also make a painting of the Antahkarana.

Antahkarana: Ancient symbol of healing
antahkarana.jpg

akenu

Neophyte
Reaction score
Nice! I wish I could paint on a canvas! Kids made that very difficult so I am now fully committed to digital painting :LOL:

Reaction score
Awards
I found that visualizing glyphs in a blue-white sphere down the Middle Pillar helped immensely after a couple days straight of not doing it. Without even circulating the energy, was faint.