• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Incense Blends For Curse Removing

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I found a spell that I would like to try out but it says to use "loose incense blend for releasing" what kind of ingredients should I be looking for?

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Don't know if it's exactly what you mean, but Dragons Blood is said to give courage (and therefore can be used to banish IN MY OPINION..)

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
Don't know if it's exactly what you mean, but Dragons Blood is said to give courage (and therefore can be used to banish IN MY OPINION..)
Can Dragon's Blood incense be used indoors?Or is it one of those that is advised to use outsdoors only?
I ask because with incenses you never know, but I myself am not that knowledgeable in them so I don't know which ones can be used inside and which ones are exclusively used outside or in huge spaces.

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Can Dragon's Blood incense be used indoors?Or is it one of those that is advised to use outsdoors only?
I ask because with incenses you never know, but I myself am not that knowledgeable in them so I don't know which ones can be used inside and which ones are exclusively used outside or in huge spaces.
I use it inside. Though I must admit that I use sticks and not loose incense.

Another thing might also be white sage, as that is super well known for cleansing.
If you can make a mix of dried bay Laurel, white sage and hyssop that would work (you can put that in a tea egg / a small sieve and hold it in a flame)

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
i was thought that you do with what you can. so if you dont have an outdoors you open a window. if you dont have a river flowing by to depose of 'stuff' you use the loo, etc.

Crows&Ravens

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'm honestly not sure lol - but I'll use it anyway.
Post automatically merged:

Never knew there was incense you could only use outside. I've been using everything that I have inside.

Rowena

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I found a spell that I would like to try out but it says to use "loose incense blend for releasing" what kind of ingredients should I be looking for?
I'd start by looking at some combination of the following (depending on what you can get):
Herbs: Dittany, Sage or Pine needles
Resin: Copal, or Colophony
Oil: Pine Oil, Pine tar or Galbanum

If you're new to blending loose incense, start with a 50/50 mix of herbs to resins (by volume), grind them together & use a small amount of oil to stick the mix together. The blend will continue getting more and more 'sticky' for several days as the oils break down & soften the resin components, so don't add too much oil at once - or the whole blend will turn into a sticky lump on the bottom of your jar.
In this case; Dittany-Copal-Galbanum, and Sage-Copal-Pine oil would both make for good combinations.

Never knew there was incense you could only use outside. I've been using everything that I have inside.
Most incense is fine indoors unless you're burning it by the handful, but I have encountered a few problematic ingredients:

Sulphur/Sulfur/Brimstone - I know why some Satanic types use it, but essentially you're breathing battery acid when you burn it, so don't.

Yellow dock root - can sometimes produce huge amounts of dense smoke when burned, so can obscure your workspace, and/or look like a house fire if you have an open window.

Valerian root - smells like fermented gym socks when burned, transfers that smell to cloth, woodwork, fur & hair - where it can remain for days, no matter how you try to wash it out.

You should also keep in mind that anything that is poisonous by consumption - hemlock for example - is probably also poisonous by inhalation, which also means you need to take special care if making incense for pregnant women - because some plants which are usually safe - pennyroyal for example - are poisonous when pregnant.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
A book by Spohia diGregorio "How to write your own spells for any purpose" describes the method by which the vodoun priests do an "Uncrossing" and mentions the use of, and I quote:
"1/2 cup almond oil
7 drops bay oil
7 drops hyssop oil
7 drops lavender oil
7 drops rose oil
7 drops verbena oil
7 drops vetivert oil (or a root may be added to the master bottle)"

So I can imagine that using the loose forms of any of those could work.

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

There's two types of hyssop, btw. Hyssop for this use, comes from the bible, Leviticus. It would be the hyssop from that region which is a version of oregano, and, it's in the mint family.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

7 drops bay oil
7 drops hyssop oil
7 drops lavender oil
7 drops rose oil
7 drops verbena oil
7 drops vetivert oil (or a root may be added to the master bottle)"

Look at all those 7s. Six 7s, to be exact.

1/2 cup almond oil

Add this as the medium, and, now the six are becoming 7. Now there's seven 7s.

Last edited: