• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Increase 5 minute post edit time to 10 Minutes!

Everyone's got one.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I've seen references to this in other posts about "deleting your own posts", but when you have a lot going on it's easy to "fat finger" when you're on a roll. Sometimes it would be advantageous to have a Slightly longer edit time. I know that if that were so I would have been
able to catch some stupid "duh" typos that made me look like a "cretin troglodyte" or worse! Is an Additional 5 Minutes really too much to
ask? :confused: I've missed the limit by Seconds a few times, and it's Real Irritating!

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
This is why you need to Proofread before you post!!!

Jkjk, i've definitely had some posts that I've rethought after posting and gone "well, dang."

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
This is why you need to Proofread before you post!!!

Jkjk, i've definitely had some posts that I've rethought after posting and gone "well, dang."
OK, Granted, me Too, maybe I should have asked WHY is 5 Minutes the RIGHT THING? 🤓

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this is the reason behind it, but I have seen in the past on another forum (in a discussion) where the person I was speaking with kept going back to change his replies.

But like @Khoren_ said. Also, if you don't see your post immediately then don't repost it. Give the internet (or something/someone else) some time to process your letters.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I don't know if this is the reason behind it, but I have seen in the past on another forum (in a discussion) where the person I was speaking with kept going back to change his replies.

But like @Khoren_ said. Also, if you don't see your post immediately then don't repost it. Give the internet (or something/someone else) some time to process your letters.
Well said.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I will consider 5 -> 10 minute increase, but certainly not more than that. Like others said, proofreading before posting is the way to go. Also it’s one of the major benefits to the Benefactor account upgrade so I am hesitant to encroach.

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I will consider 5 -> 10 minute increase, but certainly not more than that. Like others said, proofreading before posting is the way to go. Also it’s one of the major benefits to the Benefactor account upgrade so I am hesitant to encroach.
Thanks for Considering it at all, my understanding is Benefactors get a Much Larger window, which I think is Deserved, and sure don't begrudge it at all :cool:

Aeternus

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
My opinion is that proofreading should be done before posting, and, just as it happened a few times in my case as well, take accountability for it, apologize (ie. wrong section post or maintaining a conversation about Books when the topic is in Book Shares) and then, try to both follow the rules of the section you are posting and also remember to proof read.

I've seen references to this in other posts about "deleting your own posts", but when you have a lot going on it's easy to "fat finger" when you're on a roll. Sometimes it would be advantageous to have a Slightly longer edit time. I know that if that were so I would have been
able to catch some stupid "duh" typos that made me look like a "cretin troglodyte" or worse! Is an Additional 5 Minutes really too much to
ask? :confused: I've missed the limit by Seconds a few times, and it's Real Irritating!

Asteriskos

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
My opinion is that proofreading should be done before posting, and, just as it happened a few times in my case as well, take accountability for it, apologize (ie. wrong section post or maintaining a conversation about Books when the topic is in Book Shares) and then, try to both follow the rules of the section you are posting and also remember to proof read.
Well said.
Thanks for the opinions!