• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Information about Satanism

Nocturnum

Neophyte
Reaction score
Just seeking information about the history of Satanism, Demonology, Occultism & what era artists depicted demons, Lucifer, hell & witches in art.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
As responses to such requests typically involve books, Book Discussions and Reviews is probably the appropriate subforum for such threads. Plenty of books about Satanism in the Library but apart from that, your request is pretty wide-ranging. We probably don't have a book on the history of occultism here, people are usually more interested in a specific era (Antiquity, Middle Ages, etc.) than in general history; I suppose artists of every era and culture have depicted demons. "The Nightmare" by Henry Fuseli includes what is likely the most famous depiction of a demon, right off the top of my head. Or the gargoyles of Medieval cathedrals. William Blake painted both Lucifer and Satan. Like I said, these are large subjects, hard to deal with them in a single comment.

Nocturnum

Neophyte
Reaction score
Okay sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.
Post automatically merged:

Medieval, Middle Ages of Demonology, Occultism is something I wanted to know about.

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
ah huh...

pretty dangerous stuff if i may say so.

sister is skipping right pass the modern cucks and going hardcore
the best way is to go over scholarly info on yt by the likes of Esoterica
those channels by extension serve up all the relevant info like grimoires and various persona non gratas

as for my contribution i refer you to the band "Coven" who did what Black Sabbath did, before them???
it's a big deal for rock history but nvm,
the catholic church warned against their performances as the band led by a witch
female lead often tried to summon the devil on stage, live lol
their album includes a full length satanic ritual
that is as gangsta as it gets idk how to top that

yeah it's not old timey, i know
but im aware of the op's general direction by now
im confident it's good info
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
ah huh...

pretty dangerous stuff if i may say so.

sister is skipping right pass the modern cucks and going hardcore
the best way is to go over scholarly info on yt by the likes of Esoterica
those channels by extension serve up all the relevant info like grimoires and various persona non gratas

as for my contribution i refer you to the band "Coven" who did what Black Sabbath did, before them???
Well, that's at least information of sorts that doesn't involve books... that tritone riff of "Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath probably tells you more about Satanism than a dozen books. ;)

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
I mean what else can we say?
They can go read the Witchhunters manual
what was it? witch hammer?
whatever it was that s ain't magick it's just fear and superstition
but then what? well today we have church of satan or temple or set
and other medieval would be individual cases like the necromancer grimoire

one of my fav stories is about the one that a monk supposedly wrote in full detail in one night
due to devil shenanigans
or that mexican story about the little girl who asked whats the point of prayer
and then prayed for the devil, later visited by a stranger to thank her since no one ever did that before (in that way?)

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
We probably don't have a book on the history of occultism here, people are usually more interested in a specific era (Antiquity, Middle Ages, etc.) than in general history
Doesn't this one work as a "general history" though?

witch hammer?
Malleus Maleficarum?

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
ye.

and i just remembered that movie with Russel Crowe about the real life exorcist
in it, the priest tricks a demon who has taken possesion of a villager to enter the body of a pig, and then shoot it in the head lmaoooo
i dunno how much i buy it but i know for a fact the demon hunter has a few books out. they're good.