• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Initiation into Manhood

Someone's asking for help!

pygmalion

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello to all in the forum.

I've been lurking for a few hours and have decided to join in, I hope I can play a part in this already exciting community... Time will tell. At the moment I am serious about a progression in magick and I expect that to continue.

My situation is this. My current living arrangements do not afford me a sacred space for ritual magick. I have read much Hermetica, Liber Null and Psychonaut, some Goetia (though I am refraining for a while due to my current lack of experience), but because of my lack of privacy I have yet to perform any ritual. I also read numerous "Magick for Beginners" style books which helped to deepen my experience a little.

I recently read "King, Warrior, Magician, Lover", which has cemented in me the desire for my first ritual to be a masculine initiation, something which I direly need. Maybe not direly, but even then - it would be the perfect time in my life for something like this.

I found out that in just under a months time, I will have two uninterrupted days to myself. I would be able to clear a room for those days, and finally perform a ritual. I have experience meditating, I am very familiar in waking life with my dream state, I have a growing symbolic understanding from reading Tarot (which was one of my first loves as a child).

With this in mind, I ask any of the more experienced users: How should I prepare this month leading up to those free days? How might one design a ritual to quiet the boy and release the man?

(A side note: My concept of Manhood is not necessarily macho. The ritual event is ideally going to empower me to swim harder against that backwards unconscious river; those currents that would have me float all the way back into the womb.)

Thank you in advance. I look forward to reading anything that is put forward.

Yazata

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards

I've been lurking for a few hours and have decided to join in, I hope I can play a part in this already exciting community... Time will tell. At the moment I am serious about a progression in magick and I expect that to continue.

My situation is this. My current living arrangements do not afford me a sacred space for ritual magick. I have read much Hermetica, Liber Null and Psychonaut, some Goetia (though I am refraining for a while due to my current lack of experience), but because of my lack of privacy I have yet to perform any ritual. I also read numerous "Magick for Beginners" style books which helped to deepen my experience a little.

I recently read "King, Warrior, Magician, Lover", which has cemented in me the desire for my first ritual to be a masculine initiation, something which I direly need. Maybe not direly, but even then - it would be the perfect time in my life for something like this.

I found out that in just under a months time, I will have two uninterrupted days to myself. I would be able to clear a room for those days, and finally perform a ritual. I have experience meditating, I am very familiar in waking life with my dream state, I have a growing symbolic understanding from reading Tarot (which was one of my first loves as a child).

With this in mind, I ask any of the more experienced users: How should I prepare this month leading up to those free days? How might one design a ritual to quiet the boy and release the man?

(A side note: My concept of Manhood is not necessarily macho. The ritual event is ideally going to empower me to swim harder against that backwards unconscious river; those currents that would have me float all the way back into the womb.)

I have no idea what is in that book you mention, so I might say something irrelevant here. Occasionally I see articles on rituals or events with the goal of reclaiming womanhood, haven't heard of something for men.
My suggestion would be to make this month (or at least the last part of it) one of refraining from orgasm. That will build up your energy and might help you write / perform an appropriate ritual.

pygmalion

Visitor
Reaction score
I have no idea what is in that book you mention, so I might say something irrelevant here. Occasionally I see articles on rituals or events with the goal of reclaiming womanhood, haven't heard of something for men.
My suggestion would be to make this month (or at least the last part of it) one of refraining from orgasm. That will build up your energy and might help you write / perform an appropriate ritual.
Fantastic, I will do it. Thank you for the reply. Good practical advice. As for "King, Warrior, Magician, Lover" it's a book by Jungian analysts exploring the archetypes of the mature masculine and how they can develop wrongly and/or incompletely.

Taudefindi

Acolyte
Staff member
Jr. Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I know the book you speak of, I have that one too.
I know of some books that might have what you seek(with emphasis on might), but as for rituals and such I can't comment on it because I'm not of that gender.

You could check those books to see if they fit your description(most of them will be more from an anthropological view rather than a mystical one, just a head's up):
71Rta5ALr+L.jpg

615OipM7dzL.jpg

81TH0XlKX8L.jpg

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Life is full of transitions – threshold moments – that offer the opportunity to find completion with old patterns that no longer serve us and step into transformation and evolution. I see each of these moments as invitations to create new rituals; to transform old, unquestioned traditions into new, life-giving initiations in order to traverse major life changes with clarity, intention, and support.

Initiation into manhood looks different in each cultural and historical context and some boys are severely injured or even killed during the process. But for many cultures, the rite of passage journey can serve as an initiation into a secure sense of masculinity – one rooted in purpose, service, and innate belonging. By means of a rite of passage or transition, a person is separated from one social or religious status and incorporated into another. From a religious perspective, initiation may be seen as an encounter with the sacred. The transition is therefore a profound one, with the initiand emerging from the passage changed not only socially but existentially and spiritually as well. This radical transformation is almost universally symbolized by images of death and rebirth. One is not simply changed; one is made new.

I read about how rites of passage journeys often begin with a separation, where a boy is taken by the men in his community out into the wild – far away from what he knows. In the next step, the boy enters into a liminal space called transition, where he is initiated into manhood through storytelling, ceremony, and sacred physical challenges. Finally, he returns in a process called incorporation, where he is welcomed home with a new name and identity as a man. When boys return as men, I read, they are embraced and celebrated for their unique gifts and roles in the community. They return with new power and new responsibilities that they are now trusted to hold.

Today, sacred initiation rituals are largely lost in modern Western culture. Many young boys in the United States grow into adulthood without ever feeling that they have arrived into manhood. Without a rite of passage experience to affirm a sense of place and identity, men often remain in a fundamentally insecure state of masculinity. And yet the yearning to feel purpose, service, and belonging remains just as strong. In our society today, we have an opportunity to seek out and create the initiations that we need. To gather with men in ceremonial space at the threshold of life’s most important transitions – times of change, hardship, and celebration.

I will invite others here to consider:
What experiences have served as your initiations into manhood in your life?
What experiences are you still longing for?

Reaction score
Awards
Well, will have to ponder your questions a bit more.
My life is complicated. I wanted to go into the military after high school and be a cop after that, but both were no go, as I was epileptic.
I was in Cub Scouts, and am angry that the BSA was attacked because they wouldn't be coed, even though GSA existed as well.
I joined a male fraternity, Sigma Tau Gamma, and that was the closest to a rite of manhood.
I took labor and restaurant cook jobs, typically and usually males only.
I came very close to getting a black belt in To Shin Do, but had to quit halfway due to financial pressure.
Was going to be in fights but chickened out and live in unresolved shame over it.
Was going to do Tough Mudder and other tough guy challenges.
Was going to be a Mason.

I guess experiences I'm still longing for is becoming a wizard.
I'm not an outdoorsman. Guess living in the wild and living off the land would be a challenge but not t sure I'm the outdoorsman type.
Being in a (worthy cause) fight, even if I lose.
Joining a Michigan militia group might be closest to combat or military.

Last edited:

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Well, will have to ponder your questions a bit more.
My life is complicated. I wanted to go into the military after high school and be a cop after that, but both were no go, as I was epileptic.
I was in Cub Scouts, and am angry that the BSA was attacked because they wouldn't be coed, even though GSA existed as well.
I joined a male fraternity, Sigma Tau Gamma, and that was the closest to a rite of manhood.
I took labor and restaurant cook jobs, typically and usually males only.
I came very close to getting a black belt in To Shin Do, but had to quit halfway due to financial pressure.
Was going to be in fights but chickened out and live in unresolved shame over it.
Was going to do Tough Mudder and other tough guy challenges.
Was going to be a Mason.

I guess experiences I'm still longing for is becoming a wizard.
I'm not an outdoorsman. Guess living in the wild and living off the land would be a challenge but not t sure I'm the outdoorsman type.
Being in a (worthy cause) fight, even if I lose.
Joining a Michigan militia group might be closest to combat or military.
I guess, YOU, Dilucolo_DelFuego, you are a strong man and you have to believe in your strengths. They are the treats that make you who you are. Life is a school and we are pupils all the way until we prepare for another dimension.

Reaction score
Awards
My situation is this. My current living arrangements do not afford me a sacred space for ritual magick. I have read much Hermetica, Liber Null and Psychonaut, some Goetia (though I am refraining for a while due to my current lack of experience), but because of my lack of privacy I have yet to perform any ritual. I also read numerous "Magick for Beginners" style books which helped to deepen my experience a little
In this scenario, I am very much empathetic and sympathetic on this.

What you can do:
Candle meditations
Using a diffuser with frankincense oil
Using the "Big Voice"
The Big Voice is coined from Donald Kraigs Modern Magick book.
What it means is that your internal voice can be more effective than your external voice.
Meditate on this, Why we want silent mind.
Thoughts plant subconscious seed.
Finally, pathworkings are your friend.
Post automatically merged:

I guess, YOU, Dilucolo_DelFuego, you are a strong man and you have to believe in your strengths. They are the treats that make you who you are. Life is a school and we are pupils all the way until we prepare for another dimension.
Thank you Bo

RoccoR

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
RE: Initiation into Manhood
SUBTOPIC: Lack of Privacy
※→ pygmallion, et al,

RITUAL / RITES. Religious rites are repeatable symbolic actions involving the sacred. Such rites include prayers involving praise (worship or adoration), petition and confession, vows, commissions such as ordination, rites of passage such as baptism, confirmation, marriage ceremonies, funeral rites and burials, communion or the Eucharist (also called Mass or the Lord’s Supper), feasts, fasts, alms giving, vigils, lamentations, blessings, thanksgiving, grace before meals, and contemplative or meditative prayer.
SOURCE: Dictionary of Philosophy of Religion • Copyright 2010 • by Charles Taliaferro, Elsa J. Marty and contributors • p 200

The aforementioned descriptive definition is not so much different than the scope and intent of that found in the Encyclopedia of Witches, Witchcraft and WICCA, for the passages concerning "Rites of Passage" and "Ritual" that noted:

"Of particular importance are rites of puberty and of aging, two stages of life largely ignored in Western society and mainstream religion. Puberty rites for both boys and girls are conducted. For elders, there are croning rituals for women and saging rituals for men."​
SOURCE: The Encyclopedia of Witches, Witchcraft, and Wicca • Third Edition • by Rosemary Ellen Guiley • Copyright © 1989, 1999, 2008 by Visionary Living Inc, NYC • p 288​

(COMMENT)

The first half of the 20th Century was blessed with more intellectual genius than the previous 200 years - starting with Sir Isaac Newton. One of the brightest bulbs in the bunch was Nikola Tesla (1856 - 1943).

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration."
.....................................................................................................................................~ Nikola Tesla
(SOLUTION)

When communing with the Supreme Powers of the universe or that of the First Cause, you need not physically perform and ritualistic moves or be physically located in any particular place. Any ritual may be imaginarily conducted entirely in your head. How can this be? {E=mc²}. To make an imagination or dream requires synaptic activity. And that activity (imagining the ritual) will be recognized by the Supreme Being, Higher Power, The Creator, or The First Cause. How? It makes no difference where you are because the deity has the God Power known as Omnipresence: God is all-together everywhere all the time. Ritual is for humanity, not for the Supreme Being, Higher Power, The Creator, or The First Cause.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Reaction score
Awards

A Mars ritual perhaps?
I would say still in regards to your living situation, pathworkings and or astral travel. Astral Temple. How about Freemasons?

Last edited: