• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamingjafenrir

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm currently studying Norse Paganism/Heathenry/Asatru with goals of runework on the Odian path. Open to any and all tangentially related sources, or general discussion. Not very experienced, but very enthusiastic and using my science/research degree to continue to get more weird and strange. Runes are the current focus and practice, but all occult and esoteric studies are of interest to me.

Also have a bit of a special interest in werewolves (myth/lore/etc) and will talk to anyone about anything related to it all.

Ziran

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm currently studying Norse Paganism/Heathenry/Asatru with goals of runework on the Odian path. Open to any and all tangentially related sources, or general discussion. Not very experienced, but very enthusiastic and using my science/research degree to continue to get more weird and strange. Runes are the current focus and practice, but all occult and esoteric studies are of interest to me.

Also have a bit of a special interest in werewolves (myth/lore/etc) and will talk to anyone about anything related to it all.
Hello and welcome! :) I also have an interest in werewolves in mythology. I find it unfortunate that they have symbolically made the wolf out to be a villain mostly, not liking that...
james bond goldeneye GIF

hamingjafenrir

Visitor
Reaction score
Hi!

I think weird and strange is the spice of life. It's nice to have you here.

If you don't mind the question, I'm curious about your avatar. What is it?
Profile picture is

Björketorp Runestone​

Post automatically merged:

Hello all!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Hello and welcome! :) I also have an interest in werewolves in mythology. I find it unfortunate that they have symbolically made the wolf out to be a villain mostly, not liking that...
james bond goldeneye GIF
Totally! I also find it super surprising how much the “half wolf/half man” is predominant depiction when most of folklore disagrees…Lots of it just makes me sad how misunderstood they are, and I often think of how Irish wolves were hunted to extinction.

byte007

Apprentice
Reaction score
Profile picture is

Björketorp Runestone​

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Totally! I also find it super surprising how much the “half wolf/half man” is predominant depiction when most of folklore disagrees…Lots of it just makes me sad how misunderstood they are, and I often think of how Irish wolves were hunted to extinction.
Ya, it sucks when animals are gone after for sure.

Hi and welcome, the werewolves from the movie Twilight. Made it clear that Wolves are not the villains.
True that, one of the few. Underworld also was not going after the wolf as mainly bad either which was great. I mean more in speaking in the media, in movies predominately. I mean symbolically it has been looked at negatively for quite some time, mainly from organized religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.