• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

G. Ephraim

Visitor
Reaction score
Greetings,

I am currently a university student with a heavy interest in the occult and esoterica generally speaking. At the time of writing this post, I am putting together requirements to begin working in a ceremonial magic framework and "get up from the armchair" so to speak. My professional studies are centered around audio engineering as well as composition with my interest in the occult is something most people know little about. I am excited to engage with you all on this topic and hopefully document my experiences as I begin down this road in earnest.

Many Thanks,
G. Ephraim

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I am putting together requirements to begin working in a ceremonial magic framework

Welcome! Can I recommend starting right now with the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram? You don't need anything in place for that, you could get started today. Then you'd have it absolutely nailed by the time you're ready for a ritual proper

You can hold your phone or a piece of paper in one hand while you practice it, you don't need to have it memorised before you attempt it

G. Ephraim

Visitor
Reaction score
Welcome! Can I recommend starting right now with the Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram? You don't need anything in place for that, you could get started today. Then you'd have it absolutely nailed by the time you're ready for a ritual proper

You can hold your phone or a piece of paper in one hand while you practice it, you don't need to have it memorised before you attempt it
I’ve been working it into my practice framework! I’ll definitely put more focus into it so I can have it down mentally.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Oh you don't have to!

It sounded like from your description ("putting together requirements to begin working ... and "get up from the armchair") that you weren't doing any practice, and felt like you had to have all the tools and knowledge before you would be ready to start

I only suggested the LRP because it's a simple, easy place to start practice - not because you have to be super good at it or anything (you don't, that's why it's a good place to start)

When I said "Then you'd have it absolutely nailed by the time you're ready for a ritual proper" - I was NOT saying "be careful, you better be good at the LRP before you do a proper ritual" (it's not that dangerous - scaremongering mostly comes from people who want to feel important)

I was just trying to encourage you to start, by appealing to what I interpreted as your desire to have everything perfect before you start ("practising now will HELP you be perfect when you start")

but from your answer, you actually already are doing some ritual practice. I would call that not being an armchair magician

anyway, sorry for the confusion! I just thought you were being a perfectionist and i was trying to push you to start sooner, not to wait. But you already have started

Status
Not open for further replies.