• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Is Anyone Here A Consistently Profitable Trader? (Forex, Stocks, Etc)

Someone's asking for help!

Pestifer Mundi

Magic Larper
Reaction score
Awards
1. Are there any courses/books you'd recommend (that gives specifics on a trading strategy/methodology)?

2. What is your strategy?
By this I don't mean what is your specific strategy (I doubt you'd reveal that), but what is the basis of your strategy?

Examples:
Are you an Ichimoku trader?
Do you trade using VSA (Volume Spread Analysis)?
Etc

If you trade successfully using astrology, in that case I will definitely ask for a detailed explanation (or course/book if you know of one), because that's too complicated and involves so many things

I'm thinking about getting started and trying my hand at it, but I don't know where to start, and I figure its best that I start off on a path with a greater likelihood of success

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I too am interested in trading and crypto because I'm making good, consistent income, but I want to translate/convert that into long term financial security.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
I'm mainly going to focus on non-US stocks because the US stock market seems to be deeply "priced in" (I.E. volatility is already accounted for in pricing for every level - regular stocks, options, and options options whatever they are called). Normally, I would just invest into S&P500 and hold it till I'm ready to retire, but I'm sure with the feds printing money like mexico uses toilet paper, there's going to be a pop/depression soon.

When that happens, I may buy bulk index fund stocks.

I think there are several books that are extremely dense and difficult to read, which contain explanations (in technical terms) of the various strategies. But any book or person claiming to tell you of something that "works" or that you should do is a snake oil salesman imo.

SkullTraill

Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
My biggest advice is to stay clear of youtube, chat groups etc especially the bigger ones, because if they are giving you info for free, that means it isn't good info, it's just there to hook you into another sale down the line. Everyone on mainstream platforms is trying to sell something. Especially in the personal finance sector.

Books are definitely the way to go. If you live somewhere with a reputable business school, then workshops and lectures there would also probably be a good bet. Once you have the nose for it, you can sniff out some good signals from WSB.

Brixgh

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
1. Are there any courses/books you'd recommend (that gives specifics on a trading strategy/methodology)?

2. What is your strategy?
By this I don't mean what is your specific strategy (I doubt you'd reveal that), but what is the basis of your strategy?

Examples:
Are you an Ichimoku trader?
Do you trade using VSA (Volume Spread Analysis)?
Etc

If you trade successfully using astrology, in that case I will definitely ask for a detailed explanation (or course/book if you know of one), because that's too complicated and involves so many things

I'm thinking about getting started and trying my hand at it, but I don't know where to start, and I figure its best that I start off on a path with a greater likelihood of success
Technical analysis is something you need to learn .. Besides Ichimoku, Fibonacci, VSA there are many many alternatives tools based on data tbh sometimes they help sometimes they do not but you have to know them. They are based on the past and mass behavior but there are a lot of surprises on the way not to mention. So things are not as easy as just drawing two lines below one above one as it seems so for a while. Understanding them (I mean truly otherwise one or two days) may take time. There is no again shortcut.

I am not a day-to-day trader; scalping and so on is not for me but as said to have a deep understanding will help. you have to have targets and at least a strategy not just based on technicals to hold or to sell.

A long-term strategy is the best. Besides technical analysis; fundamental analysis is a must. It helps to know who is in, ie the partners of the project who invest in.. their aim ( whether the project makes sense or not in terms of the market ) Also long-term strategy has some tax incentives too. ( for stocks) For crypto, you may follow the ICOs too.

Astrology may help, there are a lot of good sources around. if you are good at it, dowsing too. Or if you develop your remote viewing skills that are also a useful tool.

The best way to start is to start little. Give yourself a good amount of time. you may be in rush or think that you know all after a while but that would lead to problems. So better way - even you will not listen- is to go in a modest and controlled way. At least if you fall, and as everybody falls from time to time, it would hurt less, IMHO.