• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Is it just me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
Or are the emojis impossible to select on mobile. Every time I try to actually react at something, it forces me to "like", not to mention I have to long press on the "like" button for them to even see the reactions.

This is a petition to fix that

Also, add reactions to controversy

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Mobile layout needs some work done (not sure what can be done exactly but it just seems to be missing something 🤔 ) however the emoji thing hasn't been an issue for me, maybe others have an issue with it though 🤷‍♂️.
reactions to controversy would make sense, it’s one of the few times the unhappy emoji would be warranted and come in handy. 😂

Yazata

Staff member
Sentinel
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I'm mostly on mobile and it's how I discovered the forum (so to me it feels how it is supposed to be..)
Every time I try to actually react at something, it forces me to "like", not to mention I have to long press on the "like" button for them to even see the reactions
I think that really is your phone to be honest. If you tap "like" it will give the thumbs yes, but if you keep your finger there the other options show up in half a second.
As for the Controversy section, I think the idea is to not encourage the mass upvoting of retarded shit.

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Every time I try to actually react at something, it forces me to "like", not to mention I have to long press on the "like" button for them to even see the reactions
Happens on mine once in a blue moon too.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
3 Month Ban: Trolling/low quality
I'm mostly on mobile and it's how I discovered the forum (so to me it feels how it is supposed to be..)

I think that really is your phone to be honest. If you tap "like" it will give the thumbs yes, but if you keep your finger there the other options show up in half a second.
As for the Controversy section, I think the idea is to not encourage the mass upvoting of retarded shit
Is each upvote a drop of someone's blood? It's a digital blip that goes no further. In any case, this forum---otherwise commendable as it is---is unique in my experience as a venue where the moderators parade open contempt for those who post.

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

As for the Controversy section, I think the idea is to not encourage the mass upvoting of retarded shit.
This. The tap to like/hold for more options is the standard interaction for multiple “like” options across social media. If it’s not working that way then DM me the device you’re using but otherwise this is as intended and the industry standard.

For clarity, you have to long press the “like” button to see the options, and then you lift your finger, and tap the reaction you want from the pop up list (not drag your finger while long pressing).

@Shade mObILe SiTe neEdS sOMe wOrK buT idk WHaT ThO… stfu then retarded ahh.

As for reactions in controversy section, probably won’t happen but I’ll think about it. The whole point was to be able to discuss controversial topics freely without fear of being downvoted to hell. And to discourage posting popular viewpoints to farm likes.

Shade

Organized Chaos
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
@Shade mObILe SiTe neEdS sOMe wOrK buT idk WHaT ThO… stfu then retarded ahh.
- The main point of me commenting wasn’t to bash the site, it was to chime in on that mobile issue Khor was experiencing and more to the point of being in agreement with Khor on the controversial topics section, I even provided why it may be beneficial. How is that retarded?
I think you just dislike me 😂

As for worrying about being downvoted to hell… well it suck’s to have crappy opinions, people may judge you for it. Life goes on. -shrug
As for farming for likes…
You or another mod can get a good gauge on who genuinely has that opinion and who is farming likes it’s a dead give away if it’s a reoccurring theme. This theoretically could happen in any thread tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.