• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Is Nag Champa incense toxic/artificial?

Evil

Visitor
Reaction score
I heard this incense brand is toxic/artificial, is this true?

iu

IllusiveOwl

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I hope it isn't toxic, this is my favorite brand / scent. It's always felt more potent and authentic than incense made in the West.

Incense is smoke, so I guess to a degree all of them are toxic to inhale. I have used Nag Champa daily for years and my lungs are still strong.

Rowena

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
The main issue with cheap incense of that type is that it is made out of whatever is to hand - so when they can't afford, or run out of the 'real' ingredients, they use whatever they can get hold of to scent it, to glue the bamboo powder to the stick, and to color it, if it is colored.
You also need to keep in mind that the 'export quality' stamp in the picture often means 'not able to be sold in the country of origin' - either due to quality, or because it is otherwise unable to be sold.