• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Is the human soul an imprisonment for the Spirit?

JGVDRG

Apprentice
Reaction score
Or is it something else completely?

It's a relatively common knowledge that, at an ultimate form, the human soul is intrinsically connected to the Anima Mundi.
Maybe a vast amalgam of unconscious and conscious content, a self integrating mechanism of nature, the ethereal aspects of the collective cosmos ingrained in the individual (or encapsulating the individual). Something that allows us to be in this body, walking on this earth, submitting the Spirit to the cosmic laws.
And if it's the cosmic mechanism that allows us to be here, wouldn't it be a trap itself?

I'd like to know your opinions on this.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
In my view, the soul is a person's essence as an existence.Like DNA marks a person's body and memories marks a person's mind, the soul marks their truest self.

It may be a fraction of a whole that ended up becoming a thing on it's own or it may always have been it's own entity, I cannot say which truth is "the most correct", I can only guess and pick the one that suits me more.

Xenophon

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Do we have but the one soul? The Greek had at least 3, the Nordics 4, the ancient Egyptians (by some accounts) 29. Personally, I'd say personality tends to turn prison. Leave the poor soul out of it.

JGVDRG

Apprentice
Reaction score
In my view, the soul is a person's essence as an existence.Like DNA marks a person's body and memories marks a person's mind, the soul marks their truest self.
It's possible to understand the soul as a representation of someone's essence, in my opinion. But then if there is some deeper authenticity than the soul itself, wouldn't it be the Spirit?

Personally, I'd say personality tends to turn prison. Leave the poor soul out of it.
Maybe the soul, while being also an apparatus for our psychic functions, can run into prisons by relentless will. If Anima Mundis can be considered a macrocosmic parallel to a human soul (or one of it's many souls), one could deduct that the soul develops itself into structure.
Would you mind telling what is a soul in your point of view?