• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Is there a gossip thread?

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Sometimes I just want to know why someone got banned.

I don't need to know and have no particular right to know, which is why it's gossip.

In today's stickybeaking, what happened to Stratamaster?

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
lol, i got a gossip lane, but they do not write....but what happened with stratamaster that you ask? ;)

Xenophon

Magister
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

I don't need to know and have no particular right to know, which is why it's gossip.

Probably M&M's: moderators 'n meth. Today I was in a thread where OP thanked me for information I posted and the forum's Chekists warned me the same gratitude-invoking info was "off topic.'

SkullTraill

Glorious Light of Knowledge and Power
Staff member
Custodian
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards

Stratamaster was not banned, just warned. Typically the reason why I leave warned posts up with a warning message instead of deleting them is so that there is no mystery, no gossiping required, and closure for everyone.

Every so often, though, a thread is so derailed that I have to delete some posts and that’s what happened to stratamaster this time.

Great thread idea though. Tag me here if anyone wants a response/closure to some gossip. We can keep it all contained here.

pixel_fortune

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Stratamaster was not banned, just warned. Typically the reason why I leave warned posts up with a warning message instead of deleting them is so that there is no mystery, no gossiping required, and closure for everyone.

Every so often, though, a thread is so derailed that I have to delete some posts and that’s what happened to stratamaster this time.

Great thread idea though. Tag me here if anyone wants a response/closure to some gossip. We can keep it all contained here.
Ah cheers! I thought i clicked through to his profile, not the post itself, so when it said "nothing here" i thought he'd been banned

stratamaster78

Acolyte
Warned
Reaction score
Awards

I was warned for being off topic.

My initial post was to provide context to why I was posting ‘93’ in the numbers thread and that’s it.

I mentioned Crowley and Thelema to get it out of the way so no one would feel the need to go off topic with it.

This was all mind you while the thread was on the Occult Section.

I didn’t understand it was a gibberish thread for people to pop whatever stupid non occult related number in that popped into their head.

I was interested in Gemantria.

In any event you pulled it into a side topic on Crowley and Thelema and people kept quoting me and I got punished for it.

You could have PM’d the original message in that thread and PM’d me about this so I would have to publicly address it.

My lesson is to fully understand from now on what a topic is about and stick strictly to it with no deviations which is what I try to do anyway,