• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Is There Any Magical Use (or to be used) With Dreams?

nightly

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
like receiving revelations, talking to deities or seeing into the future?

I'm not talking about lucid dreaming, i think most of us know about dream diaries, counting your finger and such, what im referring to is more like a spell or something where even if you aren't in control of your dreams, you still receive some helpful or intended results

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

Yes. But not like you may think.

There is a spark of divinity in you, in your psyche. This divinity expresses it self, among other ways, through dreams. This spark however is not isolated in you, it also has correspondence with divinities ( what I think you are referring to as "deities" ) which are beyond this material realm.

That's where a good dream interpreter becomes useful. They are able to decipher dreams, layer by layer. While are most people are only able to read the surface of dreams and become distracted easily by insignificant details mixed with the others.

nightly

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
Yes. But not like you may think.

There is a spark of divinity in you, in your psyche. This divinity expresses it self, among other ways, through dreams. This spark however is not isolated in you, it also has correspondence with divinities ( what I think you are referring to as "deities" ) which are beyond this material realm.

That's where a good dream interpreter becomes useful. They are able to decipher dreams, layer by layer. While are most people are only able to read the surface of dreams and become distracted easily by insignificant details mixed with the others.
so instead of getting new dreams you become better t comprehending the current ones?

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards

I'm not talking about lucid dreaming, i think most of us know about dream diaries, counting your finger and such, what im referring to is more like a spell or something where even if you aren't in control of your dreams, you still receive some helpful or intended results
I mean, yeah, I've done that after a lot of practice, doing a spell before sleeping to gain information, or even doing dream spells too.

It's possible, but takes practice, like with lucid dreaming.

Khoren_

Practical Philosopher
Reaction score
Awards
what kind of spells and practices did you use to help you?

Well, I started by meditating before bed, often using it as a means to transition into a "sleep meditation" phase. It's basically just lucid dreaming, but as a meditation.

Then I used an old sleep spell, which I'd have to dig up, beforehand. It also caused a serious mental breakdown over the course of a year in which I slowly believed I was stuck in a coma and everything was specifically the machinations of my own mind.

So maybe don't do the spell I did

Ziran

Acolyte
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
sorry TT wht did you mean then?

If I recall, you had asked about dreams. You asked whether dreams contained foreknowledge or revelations potentially from deities? Yes, there is an opportunity to receive foreknowledge and revelations from dreams. Interpreting the content is difficult. A good dream interpreter is able to sort through all of it to extract what's needed from the dream in order to make it useful information.

To be clear, not all dreams contain useful content. Sometimes even the most skilled interpreter will need someone else to interpret their dreams. Knowing how to do it, doesn't mean that I can interpret my own dreams. The best results come from someone else, a dream interpreter, listening to how the dream is being articulated. The two are working together. That's how I understand it.