• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Is this world really evil, or must it be and why?

Everyone's got one.
Reaction score
Awards
It seems that evil wins a lot of the time.

But it's not supposed to be that way, it never was supposed to be that way. So what happened?
Defining good and evil is nothing new, 19th century philosophers for example. We've defined good and evil a bazillion times throughout history and ancient and modern examples alike.
It seems if you want quick riches, you worship a demon. Want quick complete healing, you worship a demon. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone else? Perhaps three temptations of kinds upon a mountain top? Or perhaps it is just Baptist upbringing and religious seeking in a world mismatched for me or others like me.

Reaction score
Awards
People should really review world history before deciding that evil should be the new good.
Or, perhaps it is simply the sidelines viewing of a process of balancing the two.
A massive outpouring of the spirit of all creation, wonder if that would be helpful.

Last edited:

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
It only seems like evil works. Remember that Jesus compared the Pharisees to whitewashed tombs, saying that they look all nice and clean on the outside but inside are full of every corruption and uncleanness and dead men's bones.

You might appreciate a new series that John Michael Greer has started on his blog.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The Blessing Walk is a way to bring some love and kindness into the world. I'm going to start doing it. These kinds of things start slowly and build up gradually, so it's not for the impatient. Remember, evil is impatient.

Reaction score
Awards
I will join you in this. @Vandheer also pointed me to Greers site as did someone else as well. Same with Quareia in the past, I guess I should pay attention when something is mentioned a couple times. Thanks, will check it out and join in.

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking on synchronicity, I created a post regarding the economy and how it can be restructured two be fair, profitable and a blessing for all.
No more corruption, at least not at the onset.
Then I see this on youtube:

Trust me., I can only think this is on my feed due to watching old twilight zone videos and something before from the archives.

Reaction score
Awards
On the world really being evil, I know Gnositicism and an idea or fetish on hating on the flesh/matter, which carried seemingly through the writings of Paul.
Iblis/Shaitan in Islamic literature I know of.
Siddhartha, Bhagavad Gita, the world seems to be fallen in each major religion.
What does the pagan say?

Ancient

Zealot
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
The pagan tends to see good and evil as a sort of tug-of-war, always in opposition and never a clear winner. They are forces of nature maintaining a balance. Some pagans might tell you the concepts don’t even exist outside of the human perspective, or outside of human action.

Jk666

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
good & evil to whom?
example: good for men, bad for nature.

I believe that when men fell from Eden the tree of death was created.

think about it to men death is the ultimate evil.

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
to men death is the ultimate evil.
Through history there are many accounts of men choosing to die for principles. Several religions promise their form of heaven to suitable deaths

I remember my last death. It was not my choice to die, but I was fighting for a principle as I crashed into northern France

KjEno186

Site Staff
Staff member
Jr. Staff Member
Reaction score
Awards
I happened to be reviewing Chapter 3 of The Doctrine and Ritual of High Magic (Transcendental Magic) by Levi, more specifically the commentary of it by Greer on his web site. This is the chapter in which the concept of the Ternary is introduced to readers, and it is of interest to note that Good and Evil are a classic Binary. As Greer points out,

'... if God is omnibenevolent, he would want to eliminate misery, and if he is omnipotent and omniscient, nothing can stop him from doing so—he could have set up the cosmos however he liked, and the words “had to” cannot be applied to him or any of his actions. In that case, why is there so much pointless suffering in the world?'

The simplicity of such binary thinking is also its own destroyer. It is a trap for the minds of those who simply cannot fathom the possibility that the premise itself is flawed. Is God omnibenevolent? If I ask my parents, they would reply that this is an absolute, unquestionable fact. I could get that same answer from most people I meet. And it would be wrong.

'The logic of the ternary allows a resolution to the conundrum. Good and evil, in this way of thinking, are the two hands of God; in Lévi’s words, “the first cause is beneficial and harsh, it vivifies and it destroys.” These two aspects are controlled by divine wisdom, which pits each of them against the other and maintains the equilibrium by which the universe is sustained. Lévi’s God is not good in a simplistic Sunday school sense; he is the source of all that is good and all that is evil, and indeed of all that is, without exception.'

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
if God is omnibenevolent
the missing words are "to humans"

Western humans like to believe that they are the center of Creation/Existence

As we know species come and go. Galaxies come and go too.

Does The Source of All have Its own purposes for generating and experiencing universes?

Reaction score
Awards
True answers, even if it weren't spiritual as a facet, it would still require a non binary balance. I guess picking up litter in nature and random acts of kindness aren't a bad contribution to spiritual and physical development.

I do like the blessing walk.

league

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
True answers, even if it weren't spiritual as a facet, it would still require a non binary balance. I guess picking up litter in nature and random acts of kindness aren't a bad contribution to spiritual and physical development.

I do like the blessing walk.
Yes acts of Kindness are not a bad thing at all

Reaction score
Awards
Let's see:
1. What would the world be like if the Goetics and Qlippoth entered Malkuth of Assiah (the physical world and plane)?
2. What would the world be like if the Shem angels and Archangels entered Malkuth of Assiah?
3. What would the world be like if both Goets/Qlippas and Angels/AA entered Malkuth of Assiah?

Interesting thoughts on what it would be like.
1. I think it would be like criminals ran the world, it was a modern roaring 20s type era.
2. I think it would be like the start of the movie Pleasantville.
3. Probably a mixture in between is what we have now.