• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Jesus prayer songs vs mantras

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards
Here is a pretty big different between the vibration of a jesus worship song and a mantra. For the mantras I recommend playing them 24/7 inside your room to 'enlighten' all of the objects. But for the Jesus worship songs I recommend just playing them when you are listening. Because they don't energetically light up any of the objects etc. So there is a pretty big difference between the two. Also noticed that magick tends to build on itself so the more you do a ritual the more you get the Light to vibrate inside your house/room. Anyone else noticed this difference? And what kind of difference do you see?

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
There are those among the Orthodox who swear by the so-called "Jesus Prayer" as a mantra. ("Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner."---it's far more euphonious in liturgical Greek or Slavonic.) See "Way of a Pilgrim" if interested. And eschew "The Pilgrim Continues His Way" as a piss-poor sequel.

Guenon rightly taught that the earlier strata of Christianity had preserved (for a time) some of antiquity's noumenal roots.

Morell

Neophyte
Reaction score
If I wanted to use Christian music for magic, I would not use these songs, but
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Mantra seems to me to be more powerful because it is constant repeat of single idea/thought/theme, while the song speaks a lot of themes, or images/ideas. Also Christian songs of prayer, especially like the one you posted, feel to me not intended to be a real prayer for personal use. (if I'm not mistaken, they are copyrighted and not for free use)

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards

Mantra seems to me to be more powerful because it is constant repeat of single idea/thought/theme, while the song speaks a lot of themes, or images/ideas. Also Christian songs of prayer, especially like the one you posted, feel to me not intended to be a real prayer for personal use. (if I'm not mistaken, they are copyrighted and not for free use)
I think you can make a copy for personal use, can't you? As a stopgap, just record it with your smartphone from the computer. Poor quality picture, but the sound should be OK. I could see someone just using the first lines of, say, "Dies Illa," from the opening to "...cuncta strictus discursurus." (sic?)

Morell

Neophyte
Reaction score
I must have explained myself little wrong. Practically it's of course okay to make copies of music. (Windows 10 (11 too maybe? Don't know) includes software to record your screen including the sound... and it can include microphone too if you wish)
Can't deny that I have kind of aversion to music industry and not less for it's Christian branch.

Amur

Disciple
Benefactor
Reaction score
Awards

Yeah I was looking for exactly something like Gregorian Chant. Thank you for contributing. I usually have some form of sanskrit mantra or something else playing on my computer at my magick room. So will add some Gregorian Chants there :)