• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Open Request Josephine Dunne-Stories From the Strange Side

Someone is looking for a specific book to be shared.

Dona

Neophyte
Reaction score
-Publication date :January 1, 2006
-Publisher : Black Bee Books / Sun Chalice
-ISBN-10: 1928754287
-Print length: 170 pages

In this collection of nine magical tales, Josephine Dunne follows in the noble tradition of Dion Fortune in communicating esoteric wisdom through stories. While these lively tales are entertaining in and of themselves, they also convey a deeper perspective to those willing to look. The stories touch on a broad range of themes, from faeries to exorcism to the healing of animals. The author's spiritual insight and deep knowledge of human nature run throughout. These tales educate the imagination, and offer much guidance for those pursuing a path of magical initiation.
51HJ2CW006L.jpg

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
If Josephine Dunne is really the same person as Josephine McCarthy as
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
claims, the comparison with Dion Fortune is valid and thus your request legit, I'd say (I only object to fiction when the author in question isn't actively involved in the occult field). Both this book and presumable a non-fiction one ("The Magical Training of the Initiate) are listed on amazon but currently not available. As may be expected, I was unable to find it, maybe someone else has better luck.

Last edited:

MofoMojo

Neophyte
Reaction score
If Josephine Dunne is really the same person as Josephine McCarthy as
claims, the comparison with Dion Fortune is valid and thus your request legit, I'd say (I only object to fiction when the author in question isn't actively involved in the occult field). Both this book and presumable a non-fiction one ("The Magical Training of the Initiate) are listed on amazon but currently not available. As may be expected, I was unable to find it, maybe someone else has better luck.
Yeah I couldn't find this either, barely a mention anywhere. Just to follow up,
mentions she wrote under this pen so yes, they are one and the same!