• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Opinion] Kamael vs Samael

Everyone's got one.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Awards
Hi all, Ave,

Is it possible the Sepher Yetzirah has a blind?
It talks about the formation of the spheres, and names Samael "Poison of God" vs other grimoires such as the Heptameron and certain occult greats naming Kamael as the rightful Archangel guarding Geburah?
It turn goes on to explain Qlippoth, and Asmodeus as the rightful Archdemon guarding Geburah.
It turn goes on to name Samael of Samael, which would be Hod and Michael as the guardians of that sphere.
So is it possible that there is a fork in the road, one following the blind (Samael ruling both spheres in ToL and Qlippoth, and one other setting Kamael as the rightful Archangel of Geburah?

Thanks for trying to follow my thought train. Care,

Nocte Ac Die, Diluculo

Reaction score
Awards
Just as a side note, Kamael should be 102 or 100 by dropping two alephs; Samael should be 142 or 140 by same rule. Heidrick does not list them there.

Ancient_blue

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey, I have read this in Damien Echols book called Angels and Archangels. I will quote it:
“In certain magickal circles, it’s rumored that Kamael wasn’t the first archangel to rule the domain of Geburah. Some say the original power of this sphere was the angel Samael, but that he “fell,” and this fall led to Kamael’s rise.”

Roma

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
Many years ago while in Forres (witches in Macbeth) I was having lunch on the lawn and an entity turned up. It said its name was Khamael and spelt it for me.

He said he was the Angel of Divine Justice. So I went into the library and looked up the dictionary of angels and there he was as the Avenging Angel.

I saw him again a decade later when I was about to use a light sword on a time bubble. As I lifted the sword above my head, his hand appeared on mine and the sword turned into a meat cleaver. And we destroyed the time bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.