• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

[Help] Karma and Black Magick.

Someone's asking for help!

Bo Hanson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
I would like to know your opinions about Karma and Black Magick. Some say there is no Karma, other authors, especially Pagans say it will come in folds of three. What do you think?

Vandheer

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
I think it tends to bite you in the ass if you can't direct it well and also properly banish after, even if it works on the target.

Its not that different from irl crime. You don't cut loose ends well, you pay the price, in my opinion.

I don't believe in karma, I believe in unsuccessful operations.

boymatmat

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I mean, it really all comes down to your personal beliefs and philosophy, while i am not a strong believer of karmic law I do believe that your actions can somehow impact / influence how your life and how your perceive and live with the the world that surrounds you

Reaction score
Awards
karma only affects those that believe in it, its a pretty simple emotional feedback mechanism, if you disconnect your emotions like a true psychopath then it cant hurt you

as for "black magic", all magic is bad, it is altering the natural order, i fuck with peoples lives at the fundamental level, no matter the outcome its kinda intrusive, and i shamelessly shove people off their path if it benefits me, even healing magic is wrong if you think about it

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
karma only affects those that believe in it, its a pretty simple emotional feedback mechanism, if you disconnect your emotions like a true psychopath then it cant hurt you

as for "black magic", all magic is bad, it is altering the natural order, i fuck with peoples lives at the fundamental level, no matter the outcome its kinda intrusive, and i shamelessly shove people off their path if it benefits me, even healing magic is wrong if you think about it
Bro is a menace

Reaction score
Awards
I would like to know your opinions about Karma and Black Magick. Some say there is no Karma, other authors, especially Pagans say it will come in folds of three. What do you think?
Pro tip: when cursing, don't use name tags with your name on it even for the company logos. Just etch the logos on the candle instead. It can bite you in the ass.

catpottery

Neophyte
Reaction score
It's total hogwash. Karma, in the literal sense, is just cause and effect. If you stomp babies, you aren't magically going to have retribution cast onto you, the law is going to come after you if they figure out what you've done. Simple as.
Any school that teaches karma as a fundamental law of retribution rather than just cause and effect is trying to limit you and your power. This self-destructing "karma" is a potent thoughtform that can very well bring about your undoing.

Reaction score
Awards
I think, honestly, it's a bunch of bullshit.
Most black magicians I've seen have had horrific lives, mine included, but unlike myself, they're all living their best life now.
In other words, most have no material issues that I can tell anyway. No relationship issues for the most part.
Look at the average Christian, they pretty much have a humble life at best, most have a horrific life.
Karma can eat me imho.

8Lou1

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
black magick these days is mostly magick shrouded in taboos. and taboos can be very scary and worldwide or just little in your very own head.
karma is what the rest says. so in essense its the most asked question and at the same time it has really hardly any use in magick.

the point of working with taboos is that it is more powerful, more scary, more hidden etc. a curse can take seat behind a taboo and will never be found. the point where the spelcaster can get hit back is when you start to feel regret, you have new insights that make you understand you did it wrong or you just started a witchwar and they are hitting back due to having a 'higher' position in life or they are noticing things go suddenly different.

the rule of three is often seen as fake and it is, but in a sense its also not. it has to do with fate and how you see the world. so if you yourself believe that to be tru it can be tru, it doesnt have to. its like watching a tv series over and over, but then in real life. you notice things and recognize the loop. you set the curse. karma1 ok now you got a flat tire, but you keep happy with the trouble. karma2 other fucking wheel goes down as well. you are getting irritated and the karma is slipping into your life. now you can either walk on and think damn when is number 3 coming or take it as a hint from 'Big Mama' when she says i count to three and then you behave. so karma3 comes in and you know you see the bugger creeping up on you and you give it a great big smile and tell it to go toil with the one you put the curse on and so be it.

its a form of letting go and be sure. 3 times is the charm..

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
Pagans say it will come in folds of three
It may be said that as a truism of life, regardless of spiritual orientation, people count misfortunes in threes anyways. There is something about triadization that appeals to the intellect and gives certain conceptions of reality a kind of weight. However, I am not aware of many people counting good things in threes.

But in terms of "karma" or "three-fold" return in relation to "black" magic, I think it's purely subjective (like magic itself) but the only way to know for sure is to do it repeatedly and keep track of the results as scientifically as possible. If one feels perpetually thrice-fold accursed for every curse they utter, then I guess it would be true for that person. If not, then I suppose they would be a sociopath. Who can really say?

Of course, going around and openly cursing people or bragging of one's malevolence in public is sure to elicit a consequence of some kind, even if the minimal effect is a judgement of mental illness and a bad temper.

Lemongrass00

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
Of course, going around and openly cursing people or bragging of one's malevolence in public is sure to elicit a consequence of some kind, even if the minimal effect is a judgement of mental illness and a bad temper.
Yes, I’ve heard the analogy to curse someone from an energetic perspective is to put poison in your mouth and spit it at someone else.

no one

Neophyte
Reaction score
Both karma and black magic has their place. If for instance you use black magic on someone it could be the trigger to the bad karma they deserve. Only a psychopath uses black magic for fun and entertainment on people that dion't have it coming.