• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Le Chat rouge - Tomato sauce

le chat rouge

Visitor
Reaction score
Hello, I am going to try to upload a PDF file with a Tomato sauce recipe I always make. I hope you like it.
Post automatically merged:

(I could not upload the PDF file, so, I am copying and pasting here.
2 kg Tomatoes

2 Onions, 2 spring onions.

1 Whole Garlic head

10 Mushrooms

1 Large Red Bell Pepper

1 medium courgette

2 Apples

2 parsnips

2 carrots

1 Habanero pepper, 2 red chillis, 1 piece of ginger (cut in thin batons).

1 Beetroot

Salt

Spices: Oregano, Coriander, Paprika, Cumin, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Black pepper, Bay leaves, Rosemary and 3 cloves.

Cut all ingredients and place them in a large pan. Mix with wooden spoon. Don’t add water! The liquid will be provided by the vegetables, themselves.

Once it reaches boiling point, turn down the heating to minimum. Leave for 2 to 3 hours.

When it cools down, blend the tomato sauce in batches, then strain through a sieve. Place the batches in containers, you can freeze the sauce to use when needed.

P.S sometimes, I added small wild tomatoes and in autumn, I added green tomatoes too.

Xenophon

Apostle
Reaction score
Awards
"Chat" means "cat" in French, right? I did a double take here. "Black cat tomato sauce"? sez I to me. I was just in a forum where the denizens (forumizens?) were screaming that Chinese eat cats and therefore "aren't human." A quick scan of your ingredients reassured me.

(NOTE: In China here, some folks DO eat cats, but that's almost totally in the southeast. Most of the country considers that choice of fare over the top or, to stick with the French "tres gauche." (sic?))

Amadan

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
My god. That sounds phenomenal. Thank you so much, I will absolutely make this.