• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Looking for recommendations for a low magick or results magick course

Acrow

Neophyte
Reaction score
Hey all, as the title says, can anyone recommend a course that focuses on low magick or results?

I’m a fan of Jason Miller‘s ideas and writings, but I’ve done his Hekate course and didn’t see any results (I’m getting great results with just a strapholos though as recommended by Jack Grayle). I‘m toying around with some of GoM’s stuff (any opinions on those?). But I’m looking for something that fleshes things out more, that builds upon itself and that allows me go deeper.

Something like Quareia, which I was really considering but the focus is high magick. Although the first couple modules do seem to develop some practical skill, just nothing about results. Would doing Quareia for skill development and alongside practicing my own low magick make sense, working with spirits and entities, etc.?

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Quareia is still said to yield results despite it's "high magic" focus?

Acrow

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Jackson. Sorry is that a question or a statement? I‘m not sure if Quareia is said to yield results, does it?

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the response Jackson. Sorry is that a question or a statement? I‘m not sure if Quareia is said to yield results, does it?
Yes, that is what I heard.

Acrow

Neophyte
Reaction score
Ah ok! Thanks Jackson.

Would be great to hear if anyone has used the Quareia system to get results as well as their own skill development?

Jackson

Banned
Banned
Warned
Probation
Reaction score
Awards
Ah ok! Thanks Jackson.

Would be great to hear if anyone has used the Quareia system to get results as well as their own skill development?
While we can hope that someone here knows it, it would seem to me implied that they got results as a byproduct of their development, rather than the other way around.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
We have this Strategic Sorcery course book by Jason Miller in the Library, haven't read it though.

The GoM stuff is mainly about angel magic. The usual procedure is to identify the angel that comes closest to your intended result and then perform a simple ritual, sometimes over a set period of time. The idea seems to be that the angel would then work as your ally and help you to achieve your goal but it can be a chore to find just the right one best suited to your intention.

Then there is folk magic traditions like Hoodoo which are purely results-oriented, so you might want to look into those.

In my mind, the best system for achieving specific results, however, is chaos-style sigil magic - no course or special skills required, and you can personalize it to exactly fit your requirements. Quick and easy.

Acrow

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thanks for your response HoldAll! I’ll have a look at these as well.

WonderFire

Neophyte
Reaction score
Awards
I'll second what HoldAll said. I recommend Miller's books if you want a modern eclectic approach. His courses are honestly not worth their price, but since you were linked PDF check it out.
Chaos magick is also great, it's almost completely focused on practical results.
Quareia is against results magick, I do not recommend it.

Xenophon

Magister
Reaction score
Awards
Lon Milo DuQuette's Low Magick is not really a course. It's more a series of enlightening anecdotes and war stories from his career. But one can pretty easily extract the outlines of the practices he used, mostly DIY Goetia. His book has a lot of useful tips and---maybe better---an attitude that one can do this. Give it a glance.

Acrow

Neophyte
Reaction score
Thanks WonderFire and Xenophon, I’ll check these out as well!