• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

LSD and Evoking Spirits

Baal

Bigus Dikus
Reaction score
I want to try using LSD and evoking spirits, as I feel it puts me in touch with the spiritual and might make my visions more vivid. Has anybody here had experiences with this and what are your thoughts on it?

Yazata

Staff member
Sr. Staff Member
Archivist
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
I think it depends on how used to psychedelics and how comfortable with the ritual you are. About a year and a half ago I made Ayahuasca and evoked Lucifer that day (Not during the peak of the trip...) Thoughts are very scattered on psychedelics and honestly it's not the best. It might be better combined with a (guided) meditation or path working.

stalkinghyena

Labore et Constantia
Benefactor
Vendor
Reaction score
Awards
When I was a teenager I had a really bad trip due to a Cosmic Horror - not really a summoning but a land mine thanks to reading Cavendish, listening to old school Sepultura and gazing at Baphomet. It laid me up for hours and left me shaking for days, but I now consider it a good thing because it was the beginning of a course correction in my teenage life. It was the only bad trip I ever had, though it set the pattern for dealing with spiritual horror via inoculation. For me it's a question of establishing and enforcing spiritual sovereignty and choice regardless of states of consciousness.

Tryp

Neophyte
Reaction score
I agree with Lemongrass00. It is in any case a complex topic, but I want to leave a few of my cents for whatever they may be worth.

We know there's three critical factors in psychedelic experiences - dose, set and setting. How much you take (and of course, of what), your own state when taking, and context (place, time, company and so on). Taking good care of each one of these factors will improve the chance of a good outcome, but a good outcome does not necessarily imply a pleasant experience - and it seldom will be what you wanted or expected.

It's worth questioning what a "bad trip" is. When using psychedelics, folks wish for a "good" experience; enjoyable, healing, insightful, and hopefully easy. But challenging experiences, "bad" experiences, will often facilitate very positive outcomes (conversely, apparently blissful experiences might deceive you and put your ego in big trouble). The key here is understanding that the acute part of the experience, the trip itself, is part of a larger process you're in that includes the before and the after, preparation and integration. If you are not in a good place, if you're tired, confused, scared or clutching expectations, it can be quite difficult to get a positive outcome. And adding magic to the mix may make it a dangerous shot in the dark.

TLDR would be - work in yourself, read about the topic, work in magical skills (principally meditation) and when you find yourself centered, reasonably lucid and strong, reconsider. It might happen that once you feel you are in a good, balanced state you are not that interested in taking a strong psychedelic (or that your reasons have changed) but that would be another story.

Konsciencia

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
I think it depends on how used to psychedelics and how comfortable with the ritual you are. About a year and a half ago I made Ayahuasca and evoked Lucifer that day (Not during the peak of the trip...) Thoughts are very scattered on psychedelics and honestly it's not the best. It might be better combined with a (guided) meditation or path working.
Hey Yazata! How did you witness Lucifer during that time?

Reaction score
Awards
I want to try using LSD and evoking spirits, as I feel it puts me in touch with the spiritual and might make my visions more vivid. Has anybody here had experiences with this and what are your thoughts on it?
Gareth Knight, a fairly well respected occult author smoked a J before an initiation ceremony. Not good. To feel like you're on a never ending roller coaster is to put it mildly. A J.
To me a J can be nothing or everything which raises the question why? All other factors normal, sativa hits me differently. I handle it fine and others can't and vice versa with indica for me.

So, LSD. Entirely different beast. I still get occasional teeth grinds from prior ecstasy use or the occasional LSD flashback, and anything can be a trigger.

My advice .. especially with evoking spirits is don't.