• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magic to dominate the physical realm?

Reaction score
Awards
Harner for Core Shamanism, Hine as well.
For Chaos Magick, not sure, not my field.

AzureAdoni

Neophyte
Reaction score
A good degree in a STEM subject and classes in public speaking and self-presentation.
very good...public speaking to help....one of my issues is i already owned the businesses which i wanted and desired...they were just stolen...i essentially have that degree...public speaking would be good and self presentation...im just trying to prevent the TRICKS and pitfalls that i encountered.

Reaction score
Awards
Pauper to Prince? There are angels and demons that can help. Check out our Library book shares section.

HoldAll

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
"Dominate the physical realm" sounds like "rule the world/universe". You really have to be more specific than that. And please use the search function to find the books suggested to you, there are more than enough books on chaos magic (Peter J. Caroll, Phile Hine, Lars Helvete, etc.) in the Library.

A meaningful and inspiring discussion may still arise from this thread regardless how imprecise the original question was. Now and again, for example, the sceptical me would chide myself for believing in magic, claiming that I was secretly intent on instant gratification without any risk or effort on my part, or that I used magic as an excuse for indulging in wishful thinking, as illustrated by colloquial phrases like "magic bullet" or "as if by magic". So where are the limits of magic? Are we simply trying to engineer happy coincidences here, as in the definition I read somewhere, "Magic means being always lucky on purpose"? Or repeatedly fail in said engineering and retreat sulkingly into mysticism (something I'm prone to), haughtily declaring that the 'real aim' of magic was self-transformation?

If I'm brutally honest, my Inner Child (I call it "The Brat") is deeply disappointed that magic is not capable of making me omnipotent and enlightened in a snap and that even in magic you have to be realistic, hard-working (ugh!) and accept that most secret desires you may have can never be fulfilled, so magic carpet rides are out, for example. Magic as a means of supernaturally cutting corners and getting stuff I would not be entitled to in the ordinary course of events… that's what originally drew me in when I was a teen. My conscious aims in magic may have changed, esp. after reading all those books and trying a few things out, but that 'romantic' dream of omnipotence is secretly still alive and I hope that one day I'll be able to smother it in the name of occult common sense. Disillusioning, somehow.

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
"Dominate the physical realm" sounds like "rule the world/universe".
That was my thought regarding what OP was asking about, but I also thought that I could be wrong in my assumption.

the sceptical me would chide myself for believing in magic
I understand that feeling.
It's something I go through everytime I am dealing with anything non-mundane.

It's hard to get rid of society's "programming".

accept that most secret desires you may have can never be fulfilled, so magic carpet rides are out, for example
Despite my pragmatic side speaking louder, I also keep alive my "wondrous" side because deep down I don't want to believe that this is all there is and nothing of those myths and folktales is real.

It takes away the joy in life of maybe one day seeing(or becoming) an actual miracle.Life would be boring if it weren't for our fantasies giving it color.As unrealistic as it seems.

AzureAdoni

Neophyte
Reaction score
That was my thought regarding what OP was asking about, but I also thought that I could be wrong in my assumption.

I understand that feeling.
It's something I go through everytime I am dealing with anything non-mundane.

It's hard to get rid of society's "programming".

Despite my pragmatic side speaking louder, I also keep alive my "wondrous" side because deep down I don't want to believe that this is all there is and nothing of those myths and folktales is real.

It takes away the joy in life of maybe one day seeing(or becoming) an actual miracle.Life would be boring if it weren't for our fantasies giving it color.As unrealistic as it seems.
except i had the spell to make a magic carpet lol

Taudefindi

Librarian
Staff member
Librarian
Reaction score
Awards
except i had the spell to make a magic carpet lol
  1. A legit magic carpet like the ones from stories like "Aladdin"?
  2. What a magic carpet has to do with dominating the physical realm?

AzureAdoni

Neophyte
Reaction score
Did it work?
yes
Post automatically merged:

1. A legit magic carpet like the ones from stories like "Aladdin"?
  2. What a magic carpet has to do with dominating the physical realm?
yeah except AG is relatively unknown how it works....it basically looks like a joke or a toy when in use...AG/counter-g...we are like 3rd dimension beings without much understanding of what exists in the quantum..

Last edited: