• Hi guest! As you can see, the new Wizard Forums has been revived, and we are glad to have you visiting our site! However, it would be really helpful, both to you and us, if you registered on our website! Registering allows you to see all posts, and make posts yourself, which would be great if you could share your knowledge and opinions with us! You could also make posts to ask questions!

Magical talent

Al-Zalaam

Apprentice
Reaction score
Awards
Are there people who have a natural affinity for magick and if so are there people who are born with an aversion to it?

Affinities for magic are usually acquired through experience from previous lives. Spiritual skills and abilities acquired in one incarnation are likely to show up in the next.
Having an affinity for magic isn't always a case of previous involvement, though - it can also be a simple matter of possessing the fundamental faculties magic requires.

A soldier, for example, will usually possess a greater degree of discipline, volition, and focal concentration, and is thus more likely to be successful in magic than the average couch potato who stares at their phone or computer screen all day.

People seem to forget that magical power is merely a symptom of spiritual strength and refinement - a reflection of your mastery over your spiritual development.
But "Spiritual Development" isn't merely some hippie, ambiguous blabbering, but a quite objective measure of your command over the various faculties which comprise your Spirit(Consciousness) and Soul(Astral Body).

But one doesn't necessarily need to be a magician to end up with a sharper degree of spiritual development, it can also be a natural product reaped by the lifestyle and maturity of an individual.
Hobbies, professions, daily routines, etc. can all possibly contribute (or detract) to one's spiritual status, and make one more or less conducive to success in magic.

But as far as having an "aversion" to magic, however... No, that's not really a thing.
There are no real anti-magic genetics, as like I mentioned, magic is merely the flexing of spiritual muscle.
Having a poor affinity for magic is usually just a deficiency in the faculties required or a poorly tempered character. Being "born" with an aversion to magic only really exists in the sense of the mentally handicapped or impaired, but that is simply because their very functioning of the consciousness is impeded on a fundamental level.

But as long as you are a regular individual with no outstanding impairments, you needn't worry about some hidden, uncontrollable factor sabotaging your potential for magic.

What holds the vast majority of practitioners back in magic is poor instruction and their neglect of the necessary self-development.
They jump into magic with half-assed or no genuine development of their mental faculties, as if magic is a layman's skill readily available to the common clay.

Magic is a specialty skill, like being an athlete or professional musician - how far you get is up to you and how seriously you take your development.

Robert Ramsay

Disciple
Reaction score
Awards
But as long as you are a regular individual with no outstanding impairments, you needn't worry about some hidden, uncontrollable factor sabotaging your potential for magic.

What holds the vast majority of practitioners back in magic is poor instruction and their neglect of the necessary self-development.
They jump into magic with half-assed or no genuine development of their mental faculties, as if magic is a layman's skill readily available to the common clay.

Magic is a specialty skill, like being an athlete or professional musician - how far you get is up to you and how seriously you take your development.
Absolutely agree, although I am always fascinated by the psychologist Richard Wiseman, who appears to be some kind of anti-magic shield. He's taken part in a lot of parapsychology experiments over the years, and paranormal effects 100% stop working in his presence :)
The physicist, Wolfgang Pauli (who collaborated with Jung on 'Synchronicity') had a similar effect on physics experiments - all Pauli had to do was walk in the room and perfectly good experiments would suddenly fail :)

Goes to show that magic achieves results straying from chance - but it doesn't say in which direction :D

Gregorius

Neophyte
Reaction score
Absolutely agree, although I am always fascinated by the psychologist Richard Wiseman, who appears to be some kind of anti-magic shield. He's taken part in a lot of parapsychology experiments over the years, and paranormal effects 100% stop working in his presence :)
The physicist, Wolfgang Pauli (who collaborated with Jung on 'Synchronicity') had a similar effect on physics experiments - all Pauli had to do was walk in the room and perfectly good experiments would suddenly fail :)

Goes to show that magic achieves results straying from chance - but it doesn't say in which direction :D
Its probob believe in non believe

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
New guy been asking pretty cool questions....

The answer is yes, to most all of your questions.
Names have power. the crowd here didn't stay on subject long, but names do have power, they are not a joke
(every 2 minutes in the occult we have to mumble down dozens of names, im surprised it was even questioned)
affinity and distance is present in every person but no matter the circumstances every person alive has the capacity for magick
Blood is a strong offering, and very much not for beginners - nothing will come out of hell and eat you, it's merely that novices don't understand the value or meaning in what they trade in so freely. That's why we most often start with regular offerings or only use blood in specific situations-not because of the paranoia of society.

-the punishment in magick is always either "fate" turning to a result you dislike or that is not in your favor or- most predominantly- it's some sort of lesser psychological issue. These "build" on top of eachother and the guilty party might not even be aware of them.
Go find what our "laws" are, also if you care you might have a read from my favorite all time book - Thunder the perfect mind (it's in our library)

we will be watching your career with great interest....

revenge of the sith GIF by Star Wars

Post automatically merged:

forgot about this one too.

Last edited:

Gregorius

Neophyte
Reaction score
New guy been asking pretty cool questions....

The answer is yes, to most all of your questions.
Names have power. the crowd here didn't stay on subject long, but names do have power, they are not a joke
(every 2 minutes in the occult we have to mumble down dozens of names, im surprised it was even questioned)
affinity and distance is present in every person but no matter the circumstances every person alive has the capacity for magick
Blood is a strong offering, and very much not for beginners - nothing will come out of hell and eat you, it's merely that novices don't understand the value or meaning in what they trade in so freely. That's why we most often start with regular offerings or only use blood in specific situations-not because of the paranoia of society.

-the punishment in magick is always either "fate" turning to a result you dislike or that is not in your favor or- most predominantly- it's some sort of lesser psychological issue. These "build" on top of eachother and the guilty party might not even be aware of them.
Go find what our "laws" are, also if you care you might have a read from my favorite all time book - Thunder the perfect mind (it's in our library)

we will be watching your career with great interest....

revenge of the sith GIF by Star Wars

Post automatically merged:

forgot about this one too.
the blood one wasnt me tho

Pyrokar

Acolyte
Reaction score
Awards
meh. it's a good read, the topic is popular lately so my bad on that front. i confused the op's

Jackson

Zealot
Reaction score
Awards
I believe so and what would be the relevance? Perhaps I should simply change my birth?

I guess that's where astrology comes in.